Chapter 27

Luna felt like she had been watching a movie. Seeing events unfold from a distance, not being able to influence the outcome in any way or form. Detached, even.

She watched as the monstrous, snake skinned, dark Exodia-like Leviathan shot an erratic beam of purple energy towards her friends. She couldn't even scream, she couldn't even cry.

She watched even as Jaden, piggybacking on his Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman as per usual, came between the attack and her friends.

Sweet Jay, always the hero.

His monster crossed its forearms in front of itself and raised its knees to block the attack.

Luna hoped his monster could withstand such a monstrous attack.

"Neutron Blast!" Seto's voice echoed once again as his attack intercepted Diabound's evil energy before it could get to Jaden. "Maximum power!"

Seto's Ultimate Dragon started to glow blue also as its attack intensified. For a moment, it looked like it was about to overpower Diabound's attack, but the latter suddenly broke into several dozen smaller attacks as they spread apart and moved erratically in zigzags.

Luna continued to struggle against the invisible grasp that Bakura had on her, but the harder she tried, the stronger his grip on her seemed to be.

Jaden's Shining Flare Wingman moved quickly as it tried to hit several of the smaller attacks, which were evidently making their way to the rest of their friends. Seto also blasted some of the attacks, but there were too many.

"Five way barrage!" Noah yelled as his Five-Headed Dragon made a sort of barrier of all five elements to protect himself and Mokuba, while Luna's dancers and hunters made attacks of their own towards the zigzagging dark attacks.

Bless you, Noah! Luna thought, hoping their attacks would keep Mokuba safe.

"Pay close attention now, my dear." Bakura continued to whisper in Luna's ear. "That one beam right there, do you see it? Let me highlight it just for you."

As Luna watched, she saw one of the quick moving beams change colors to a radioactive light green. This attack suddenly grew in size and speed as it made its way around Noah's barrier and headed straight to Mokuba.

No! Luna yelled inside of her own mind as she mentally covered herself with the power from her Millennium Rod, making a golden aura appear around her skin.

But it was too late, the attack was moving too quickly. Luna couldn't look away as the attack flew uninterrupted as it neared a terrified Mokuba.

"Armityle! Absorb all of the dark energy!" Jaden yelled, his voice echoing his despair.

Jaden's Chaos Phantom opened all of its mouths and started sucking in some of the dark energy, but Luna couldn't imagine it doing much of a difference at that pace.

The dark chaotic attack suddenly changed courses within inches of Mokuba's face and tore right through Seto's chest, who had been speeding his way towards Mokuba.

It had felt like the world had come to a stop.

Nothing, not even the clouds dared drift as Luna watched in horror at the large bloody cavity that the attack had left on Seto's chest. Luna felt something crack inside of her as a hot tear rolled down from her eyes.

"Got you again!" Bakura's laughter rang through her ear. "You thought I was going after Mokuba, didn't you? To be completely honest, I thought I was as well. But honestly! I could never stand that Seto. Always thinking he was better than everyone else. Well, look at him now!"