Chapter 13

Luna flew up after seeing Mai go back into the building. She hoped the others were okay. But despite going up at full speed, she couldn't see them yet. The sides of the building, however, were all very damaged. Practically every window was shattered, there were blast holes in several places.

Clearly there was a huge fight here, but where were they?

"Mokuba!" Luna yelled loudly, looking around as she kept flying straight up. "Marik! Jaden!"

There was no answer.

She looked below her just in case they had gone into the building without her realizing, but everything seemed quiet.

"Joey!" She called out, but still nothing.

As she continued to fly up, she thought she had seen a glimpse of a person in the reflection of the glass windows, but it was gone after she blinked once.

I must be losing it.

Whether it was exhaustion or worry, it felt like she was getting paranoid. All sort of thoughts flew through her mind. Had she really taken that long fighting Jinzo? And if so, where did Jinzo go so fast?

A sudden droplet of water falling on her face brought her attention back to the present.

Is it raining?

But when she looked up, she saw water trickling out of several of the broken windows. She made her way to those windows and looked inside. It took her a moment to understand what she was looking at, but it seemed like a wall of water had formed inside, enveloping what looked like big chunks of boulders.

Her dragon landed inside of the building, she had no idea what these floors had been used for before, but whatever it was, it had been taken over almost completely by this wall of water and rocks. And though she didn't know what was causing it, she figured it probably had something to do with the disappearance of her friends.

Despite every fiber in her body telling her to not touch it, Luna got down from her dragon and reached out, hovering her hand inches away from the wall of water. Heat was emanating from the water, and it took her moment but she realized that there was movement in the water. It wasn't a constant movement, it happened in pulses, tremors if you will. It reminded her of that one scene in Jurassic Park when the T-Rex caused-

Suddenly she realized that the tremors in the water was probably being caused by movement inside. From the irregularity between each pulse of movement, she figured it was something that was still ongoing. Like a fight.

"Stay away from the wall, guys!" She yelled despite knowing that they probably couldn't hear her just as she couldn't hear them.

She quickly got back up on her dragon and willed it to shoot a beam of energy through one of the corners of the walls. But as the beam blew through the wall of water and stone, fire came through the hole she had made.

What's going on in there?

But before she could do much else, the water wall enveloped the hole once again. Luna quickly drew out Elemental Hero Brave Neos out of her extra deck and summoned him.

Charge through and break through that entire barrier!

And as her Neos charged, she willed her dragon to follow closely behind it. She closed her eyes, but felt the warm water, the scorching heat, and a very strong wind.

Water, stone, fire, and wind. Were they fighting the Avata-

Suddenly she remembered Jinzo riding Serpent Night Dragon.