Chapter 17

But how?

Luna wondered as the clouds of smoke faded and the Five-Headed Dragon that she had attacked, stood without a scratch.

Noah's laugh seemed to echo through her mind.

"You should see your faces right now!" He giggled as he held up a card.

Cards of Destruction.

But that means-

She looked down at her hand. She had 62 cards that she had to discard, but that meant she had to draw 62 more cards and she didn't have that much in the deck zone anymore. And in a normal game, that meant she had just lost the duel.

What happens to me now?

The tips of her fingers felt numb and she questioned whether she was starting to feel tired.

Is this what death feels like?

She wondered as she looked at her free hand before looking towards Seto. He was trying to make his way to her, destroying the angels in his way. It felt strange, however, she didn't feel like she was dying.

"How you made an obedient dog out of the great Marik Ishtar is beyond me, but I applaud you for the feat." Noah suddenly said, making her turn back to look for Marik, wondering what Noah had meant.

She found him in a trance, his eyes white, his glowing Millennium Rod held in her direction.

"Marik!" She called out, wondering what was going on.

As if hearing her, he blinked his eyes a few times, his lilac irises coming back. He looked exhausted and grabbed at his own chest as a trickle of blood came down from his left nostril.

"Hooey!" Marik yelled as he shook his head. "I won't be able to do that many more times, Luna. Try not to get your life points drained again, will you?"

Suddenly, Luna remembered the throne room at which she sat for a brief moment when she had touched the Millennium Rod.

"What did you do, Marik?" She asked suddenly having terrible thoughts.

"What needed to be done." He said, wiping his nose with the back of hand.

"What are we doing, guys?" Mokuba asked, sounding slightly panicked as he burned through two other angels.

"Yes, guys, what are we doing?" Noah mocked, mimicking Mokuba's voice. "Is that all you had?"

It wasn't. She still had one move left. The one move she was trying to avoid, but it looked like there was no other choice.

"Marik, Seto!" She called out to them. "There's only one thing left to do."

She took a deep breath, as it was against what she had been telling them this entire time.

"Summon your god cards, now!"

"After all that trouble, you are still going to summon all three?" Noah laughed after doing a facepalm. "If Slifer with 62000 attack points couldn't do the job, what do you hope to achieve with a 4000 Obelisk and a maybe 8000 Ra, at best!"

Seto looked at her for a moment before summoning his Obelisk. Marik didn't waste any time in using his Monster Reborn, making a giant flame burst forth from his duel disk, becoming a phoenix of a colossal proportions.

Immortal Phoenix. Marik must have snuck his Ra into his graveyard, this makes it even better.

"Obelisk has a secret ability!" She said hoping that Pyramid of Light had it right. "If Obelisk sacrifices Ra and Slifer, it will gain infinite attack points. If Ra uses its special ability to wipe the field of Noah's monsters before that, then maybe we can break through where these pillars of lights are coming from!"