Chapter 4

Knock Knock

Luna opened her eyes, slightly disoriented. She had taken a shower and sat down on the bed, but apparently she had fallen asleep at some point.

Knock knock

You gotta be kidding me.

She got up and looked at a mirror on her wall and adjusted her hair a bit before quickly heading to the door. She looked through the eye-hole to find Jaden standing there with that dumb smile on his face as usual.

She opened her door and tried to not look so annoyed.

"Hey, man, what's going on?"

"Hey, I was going to go grab some dinner at the Tower and thought maybe you'd like to join me." He said, sounding as friendly and cheery as ever.

It was only then that she realized it was getting dark already, she must have slept for quite a few hours.

"Yeah, sure, why not." She said, stepping out and closing the door behind her.

"Wait, aren't you going to take your duel disk with you?" Jaden asked.

"The tournament only starts in two days." Luna said, wondering if there was any real need to take it with her.

"Oh, I see." He said smiling even more. "You really are from a different world, huh?"

That made Luna freeze. What could she say?

"Where I'm from, duelists have their duel disks on them at all times." Jaden stated, touching his own duel disk with his right hand. "And I think things won't be too different here with Battle City. Since it's the same city, just different time."

"Do you know why or how you appeared here?"

"Do you?"

Touché

"I was in a train and suddenly was standing by the side of the road here." She admitted. "I don't know how it happened."

"I see. Do you really have a Elemental Hero Neos?" He caught her by surprise with the sudden change in topic.

She had two in her Red-Eyes deck along with Elemental Hero Brave Neos, which he probably haven't even seen yet. She wondered if it was a good idea to tell him about all that.

"Yeah, but no Neospacians." She said, trying to think of ways to change the subject.

"So who are you? Are we related somehow?" Jaden asked, still smiling but seemingly serious.

What?

"I mean, I'm from a future timeline." He explained his reasoning. "Maybe you are from even further ahead. Maybe you are a distant descendant of mine, would explain why you have Neos with you."

It was an amusing theory he had come up with.

"Don't think so, my guy." She said, trying to stay serious but feeling a smile creeping up in the corners of her mouth. "I'm just from a different place all together. Sorry to say, but Neos just isn't that special of a card where I'm from."

As the words left her mouth, she suddenly wondered if Jaden would be offended. For a split second she thought she saw a glint of yellow in his pupils and got a chill down her spine. Before she could react, however, he smiled widely.

"Boy, that just makes me curious even more about what kinds of cards there are in that world!" He said with that almost childish excitement of his.

"I mean, most cards aren't that special." She tried to rectify herself. "It mostly goes by rarities instead of the card itself. Like, the same card can have multiple rarities."