Chapter 23

Luna managed to barely dodge the snake head, backing away to shoot yet another burst of energy at the monster.

"Neutron Blast!" Seto's voice boomed as another massive three beamed attack hit the head of the snake.

"The snake is only the tail of the monster!" Luna yelled just before a massive dark arm broke through the crystalline walls and grabbed Seto's Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon.

"Inferno Fire Blast!" A big ball of purple fire blasted the arm that had a hold of Seto's dragon, making it let go. "Seto!"

Relief washed over Luna as she saw Mokuba alive and well, with Jaden right behind him and-

The hair in the back of her neck stood as she saw a Five-Headed Dragon chasing Jaden and Mokuba.

"White Lightning!" She yelled, fully realizing that her dragon was not yet strong enough to take that Five-Headed Dragon down, but still expecting her attack to distract it long enough for Mokuba and Jaden to back away from it.

"No, Luna!" Mokuba yelled. "He's with us!"

Luna hesitated for a moment, not knowing what Mokuba meant. Her attack hit the mark, but as expected, the Five-Headed Dragon seemed unfazed.

"Let's pay attention to the monster inside of the ice!" Jaden exclaimed on the back of his Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman, flying past her, seemingly unworried about the dragon with five heads that caused them so much trouble the day before.

She couldn't argue though, Diabound was a fearsome monster that had brought the bests to their knees in the anime. And by the looks of its darkened scales and fins, it had already evolved to its third form at the very least.

Jaden's Shining Flare Wingman landed a flaming kick on the arm, making it retract back into the fortress. But Luna was suddenly worried about not seeing Tea and Mai anywhere.

Both Seto and Mokuba started to shoot attacks into the fortress, but Luna tried to conjure up a mental image of Mai and Tea in her head.

Mai? Tea? Where are you guys? We found Mokuba and Jaden! She thought, hoping they would hear her. Is this working? Bandit, do you hear me?

Yes, my liege. The scruffy response came into her mind.

Okay, go look for Tea and Mai, they aren't answering me.

With that, she also willed her dragon and her dancers' dragons to shoot their attacks into the fortress. It was a mess of bright energy beams, ice debris and particles spraying everywhere. It was only after a few minutes that Luna realized that Diabound hadn't come out ever since its arm had retracted into the fortress, not to mention that it was awfully quiet.

Her friends seemed to have realized the same as they had all stopped attacking. Before Luna could stop him, Jaden went into one of the holes they had made in the fortress and looked inside.

"That ugly monster is no longer here, guys." Jaden yelled back.

Luna saw Mokuba quickly approaching Seto.

"You are okay!" the younger Kaiba exclaimed as he wiped his eyes with the back of his hands. "Last I saw you, you were screaming on the ground while Joey-"

He stopped talking and swallowed hard.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Seto asked, worry written all over his face.

"I'm okay, Jaden got rid of all the monsters that chased us." Mokuba said as Luna approached them.

"Hey, Mokes." Luna said, still feeling sorry about having harshly pushed him towards Jaden while they had been at the top of the building.