Chapter 5

"Oh." was all Luna could muster to say as numerous questions bombarded her own mind.

Things weren't happening the way they were supposed to, was this her fault? Or was her being there also a side effect of whatever was going on here? Whichever the case, one of the finalists wasn't going to be able to play. Who was going to wield Slifer? More importantly, what did Marik want now that Yugi was out?

"It is clear you know more than you are telling me." Seto's voice brought her attention to the present. "It's obvious that you and Jaden are hiding something. But looking at him, he- Let's just say he doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed. So why don't you tell me what is going on?"

"What makes you think I know?" Luna sounded more defensive than she had meant.

"What doesn't make me think you know?" Seto started to sound more aggressive. "A duelist that I have never even heard about befriends my little brother out of nowhere and beats the Lv. 80 Kaibaman AI within 4 turns? And on the same day, she is chased by freak cultists and Yugi Muto is put in the hospital? And all that right before the start of my tournament, the very same I organized specifically to beat Yugi Muto in?"

The fierceness of his eyes seemed to be piercing through her soul.

Is he blaming me?

"So, what? You think I somehow took out Yugi to lessen the competition and now I befriended your brother to get closer to you to off you too?" Luna felt her face getting warmer and clenched her fists as she felt them start to tremble. "You think that's my plan?"

"Is it?" He asked, making her fume with anger.

For a guy who was always skeptical of cosmic intervention, he sure seemed adamant that this was no coincidence.

"I don't have any plans and have nothing to do with any of this!" She yelled. "But while we are here throwing accusations, what were you doing in a helicopter on that specific street? Mokuba had left the restaurant an hour before that, saying he was going to go meet you. So what were you doing there right before we got attacked? Huh?"

Seto seemed to be taken aback for a second, but his composure came back to him as quickly as it had been broken.

"What I do around the city in my helicopter is none of your business." Seto said coldly, and it hurt even more than when he sounded aggressive. "You'd think one would be more grateful to someone who saved them from the alleged attack."

Alleged? Why this little-

"Well thank you, very fucking much." Luna yelled again as she turned around. "Asshole!"

She quickly made her way to her apartment as she trembled in anger.

How can he even think such a thing!

She knew that Seto Kaiba was not the kindest of characters. She knew he was arrogant and stubborn and less than social. But she had never expected to be on the receiving end of his mean demeanor. And it had hurt more than she thought it would. After all, she had obsessed over him ever since she had first watched Yu-Gi-Oh!. Over the years, she had collected almost every single official merchandise with him on it, and was quite proud of her collection.

Once inside of her apartment, she closed the door and leaned her back on it as she slid to the floor. She took out her serviceless phone to look at her chibi Seto keychain.

How could you, you entitled little poop head.

She felt angry at herself when she felt tears in her eyes.