Chapter 25

When Luna blinked, she was back on her Alternative Dragon, just outside of the fortress. Luna' heart rate and breathing were all over the place as she looked around, but Bakura was nowhere to be found. She had half hoped that she would have found a catatonic Bakura, who she could kill with ease.

Kill? She caught her own line of thinking. And yet, she did have to kill him, didn't she?

She hoped that the Pharaoh would survive, she didn't think she could handle the death of yet another friend.

Speaking of friends.

Luna tentatively tried to feel inside of her mind for the presence of Yami Luna. She had a lot of questions for her, seeing as Yami Luna seemed to know more about her past lives than she did. Did that really matter though?

Before she could finish that line of thought or even feel Yami Luna's presence, an explosion occurred somewhat far beneath her. She looked down but couldn't make out much from that distance.

Are you guys down there? Luna mentally asked her three rare hunters. What's going on?

It's a giant snake! She heard Tea's voice in her mind. It's too strong!

Luna wondered how Diabound could still be out here when Bakura was in the shadow realm. Had he already gotten rid of the Pharaoh?

She willed her dragon to fly down as fast as she could. Maybe Atem was right, maybe they should all work together to destroy Diabound once and for all. It would be better than having to take on the Great Leviathan and Diabound at once.

But as she reached her friends, the snake looked somehow different. It was much bigger and though it had gained a new purple aura, the snake itself was not the same color as before. It was only when it turned to attack Jaden that she realized that it wasn't Diabound at all.

It was Divine Serpent Geh.

"Get away from it! That thing can have infinite attack points!" Luna yelled, suddenly afraid that her friends could get hit by it at any time.

A bright light caught her attention as three dragons came forth from Seto's hands.

The dragons of legends!

Luna suddenly remembered that she had the sacred beasts with her as well. She was about to summon them too when the big snake suddenly made its way back into the fortress.

"Come back, you coward!" Mokuba yelled, though looking somewhat shaken.

Luna did a quick count and saw that all of her friends and her dancers were accounted for. That was a small relief.

"You are back." Seto seemed relieved as he approached Luna, but suddenly looked very worried. "Are you hurt? Is that your blood?

"What?" Luna asked as she looked down, seeing her shirt drenched in blood with a large hole at the base of her chest despite the skin under the shirt being squeaky clean. "Oh, uh, I'm okay, don't worry about it."

Seto looked at her for a second longer as if not convinced.

"Well, I felt like there was something wrong, and Atem said he also felt it and that he would check on you." He explained, still eyeing her bloody shirt. "The Pharaoh didn't even let me know you were coming back, though."

"Let's go up the fortress." She said urgently. Maybe they could still get to Atem somehow. "That snake was Geh, its Dartz's monster. But Bakura is high up in the fortress as well."

"Wait, did you say that snake was gay?" Jaden asked, appearing beside them, seemingly uncomfortable with Luna's statement. "I know I'm from the future, but were these kinds of comments okay in this time period?"