Chapter 11

Despite the ringing in her ear, Luna noticed the high pitched laughter.

"Luna! We have to go!" Marik yelled from beside her.

It wasn't like she hadn't heard him, but just then, a glare from Weevil's glasses had gotten her attention and made her look at the boy, laughing maniacally at the murder of his supposed best friend.

"Luna, snap-"

"Inferno Fire Blast!" Luna spat the words out with hatred.

Her dragons complied and shot the infernal fire balls towards the Insect Queen at incredible speed. Explosions ensued as soon as they made contact, obscuring Weevil from her sight.

Surely, that's not enough to kill an annoying insect.

"Forget him, we've got to fly up!" Marik yelled. "The monsters keep coming!"

Luna made her dragon slash through two monsters but stayed a second longer to see the smoke from the explosion dissipate. Noticing that the Insect Queen was no longer there, Luna pressed her heels against her dragon but it immediately moved backwards with the impulse of its mighty wings, just in time to see a giant green monster fly down past her. It was a moth.

Great Moth.

"Stand still!" Weevil yelled before letting out another shrill laughter.

"What the hell are you doing, Weevil?" Luna asked despite knowing that whatever Weevil did, was probably because he was gaining something out of it. "Wasn't Rex your friend?"

"I have no friends!" Weevil yelled back as he slowly flew back up to face Luna. "That fool followed me around like a puppy and I let him. But things are different now! Don't you know it is survival of the fittest?"

And before Luna could ask any more questions, Weevil's Great Moth lunged towards her once again. Marik, on his Humanoid Worm Drake, suddenly appeared beside Weevil and slashed at the green haired boy, but the Great Moth raised its wings to protect him from the attack.

"You think you can hurt me with such a pathetically weak monster?" Weevil screeched in anger.

But that momentary distraction was what Luna needed. She pressed her heels against her dragon as she willed it to blast that ugly green moth to kingdom come. Responding to her will, her Slash Dragon reared its head back before shooting three quick balls of fire towards Weevil's moth.

As she watched however, she saw his hand flick up before the explosions went off. She wasn't sure what had happened, but by instinct, she made her dragon back off just in time to see a huge yellowish green claw rip through the smoke of the explosions, just inches from her face. The sheer power of the attack had made her face sting despite there not actually being any real contact.

"Still got your head?" Weevil laughed as the smoke dissipated. "You are a slippery one, aren't ya?"

Touching her face with her fingers, she made sure there was no real damage. She figured that Weevil had summoned three smaller monsters to take the hit before the fire balls got to him.

Weevil really wasn't hesitating to take lives. For a split second, she wondered if he could have been mind controlled, but Marik hadn't really done anything to make her doubt him. And though Weevil was not right out murderous in the anime, he always was pretty dodgy.

"Now, Mr. Ishtar, hand over your god card, and I may let you guys live." Weevil screeched before letting out another high pitched laughter.

The look Marik gave Luna when their eyes met, was that of a confusion that reflected her own quite well.