Epilogue

A quick two burst vibration in her right hand woke Luna's conscience. She remained with her eyes closed for a second before taking a deep breath and opening her eyes with a squint to look at her phone.

Genshin Impact
Original Resin is now fully replenished, don't forget to put it to use!

Luna locked her phone by habit before turning it back on to look at the time.

18:27

The sleeves of her clothes caught her attention as she realized she was back to wearing all black.

She straightened her back and looked around the train, feeling groggy before it all came back to her.

That's right, I was going back home.

Luna slumped back into her seat as she let out a sigh. She had a sudden urge to cry despite partly being relieved to be back to her own world.

Lifting her phone up, she saw her dangling keychain of chibi Kaiba and hoped he was okay. And when she looked out the window, it was her normal world. No monsters flying around, no ultimate entities threatening to destroy reality, and no KC Tower or ice fortresses anywhere in sight.

If someone had told her that she had simply dreamt her time in Battle City, she would have believed them.

Yet it felt so real.

In fact, she wondered if she would end up in therapy because of this. After all, who would believe her? It was almost hard for even her to believe that she had just been to another world and back after fighting against devilish fusion of several deities.

Either way, she was going to have to get used to this normal world again. Where the friends she had lost were just anime characters and her powers were just memories of another lifetime.

Speaking of powers, Luna wondered. She opened her right hand and was about to make a grabbing motion when the train announcement let her know that her stop was coming up.

Luna quickly got up and put on her backpack, slowly making her way to one of the doors of the train. She was going to miss a lot of things and probably be very unhappy about it all for a long time, perhaps even forever. But what else could she do?

As the train slowly came to a stop with a screeching noise, Luna stared blankly at the door and suddenly noticed that a white haired woman was staring back at her from inside of the glass. It took her just a second to realize that it was her own reflection, but before she could react, the doors opened.

She got off the train along with a few other people as she grabbed a strand of her hair and saw that it was indeed white. Everyone else seemed to be in a hurry unlike Luna. Letting go of her hair, Luna took a deep breath, not sure how to process or even react to the fact that the only thing she brought back from literally another world was a different color for her hair.

Fuck it, I will deal with this later.

She thought to herself as she looked at her feet and started to slowly walk through the station and onto the street. At least this meant it definitely hadn't been a dream, right? Unless some punk dyed her hair in the two hours that she had clocked out inside of the train. But what were the chances of that happening?

Beep Beep!

The sudden beeping of a motorcycle beside her made her jump.

Motherf-

Luna looked at the helmeted man in a black jacket, leaning against his light blue crotch rocket, his right hand on the left handle.

Something about the man exuded a certain kind of presence. Luna couldn't see through the visor of the helmet, but as the man stood straighter and approached her, she was reminded of the fact that she was quite defenseless in her world. She thought of turning and running, but she was never very athletic here either.

As the man stood just inches from her, Luna wondered if she should have asked Joey to teach her how to throw a proper punch without any of her millennium powers.

The man moved his hands, sending Luna's anxiety through the roof, but he simply reached up and took his helmet off, revealing that perfect brown hair and deep blue eyes.

He found me. Luna's heart skipped a beat.

"Quite the world you got here, Mrs. Kaiba." Seto said with a cheeky smile. "Oh and before you ask, Mokuba and Noah are fine. They are proving to be quite the duo. Mokuba misses you terribly of course, but they are working hard with your rare hunters and several other survivors in order to rebuild our world starting with Domino City. We are thinking in calling it New Dom-"

Before he could even finish speaking, Luna pulled him by his jacket and kissed him.

The End

_____________________________________
2023 Update:
Book 2 is out and updating every Monday here:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/328419029-my-time-in-teyvat-tales-of-luna-book-2

_____________________________________
Author's notes:

Hey, thanks for stopping by!

So here we are. And what a journey this was!
To be completely honest with you, when I started writing this story, I only had the Prologue and the Epilogue in mind. Well, and a few tidbits here and there.

I definitely didn't think I would be writing 98k words in this story! Nor that I would have this many people reading it and commenting on it! We reached #1 in several tag ranks in Wattpad, sometimes keeping the rank for months and that felt pretty wild. For those of you that don't know, I'm a writer that usually sticks to non-fanfic stories (in fact this is my very first one). So this was definitely pretty different for me. But I did enjoy it thoroughly.

So thank you, for joining Luna Kaiba in her journey. And if you haven't noticed it yet, this is only Book 1. Luna will be back for another adventure, though it may not be in the Yu-Gi-Oh! world anymore. (Can you guess what the next world is that she will visit?)

That said, I won't be working on that any time soon. After all, this writer needs to write something that will feed him. So if you would like to check out my books (wrote two so far and Prime members can read them for free!) or what I'm up to, or even just to know more about me, you can head over to my website: https://sdkangbooks.wordpress.com/

Or if you would like to read several-assorted-bite-sized-stories that I have written, you can head over to to my Vocal page: https://vocal.media/authors/s-d-kang
Each 6 reads gets me 1 cent, or something like that I think haha.

Last but not least, if you would like to know who Luna is based on, then you can check out my friend's insta account (https://www.instagram.com/lunaxkaiba/). Yes, she's a real person, actually called Luna, who loves all things Kaiba, and has one of the most impressive collections of Yu-Gi-Oh! stuff, with a focus on Kaiba related things. And she is a total badass out here in our world as well!

And that's it, folks!
I hope to see you again next time, whenever that may be. Hopefully soon!
In the meantime, if you comment here or send me a message, I will most likely answer, since I am almost always on my computer, writing away at one story or another.

Hope you all have a great week,

SD