Chapter 29

"Jay!" Luna yelled as Obelisk's attack hit the Supreme Leviathan, impaling it further into Luna's spear, pressing it against her shield. "No, Jay!"

The gleam in his eyes started to fade.

"Jay!" Luna yelled once more, realizing that she couldn't, in fact, bring herself to kill her friend.

She was about to get them both out of harm's way when she noticed that the Supreme Leviathan was mouthing something to her.

Own room? Throne room?

Luna imagined herself and Jaden in the throne room and closed her eyes. When she opened them, there they were. Her no longer clad in that Blue-Eyes bio armor, and Jaden no longer a conglomerate of beings of light and dark. Just two friends, just Luna and Jaden.

"Jay-" Luna started to say.

"Hey, Lu." Jay said with a smile that was sadder than any smile she had ever seen on him. "It's good to see you again."

"Are you trying to play a trick on me?" She asked, tears threatening to come out. "Why would you do all of this, Jay?"

Instead of answering, Jaden took a step closer and wiped a stray tear from Luna's face with his left thumb. His hand, warm to the touch.

"I will admit I wasn't fully in control even before the fusion. I think Armityle has had more of an effect on me than I had thought I could handle. And when you broke that magical circle and allowed Seto to take back Obelisk and the power of the gods, Diabound grew silent and Leviathan grew weaker. That allowed for me and mine to take control, at least temporarily." Jaden said, seeming regretful, seeming exhausted. "But the truth is, despite all of the voices in my head, I meant most things I have said."

It was now his turn to have a tear escape.

"You will still try to destroy this world?" Luna asked, doing everything in her power to not take a step back. "Still try to kill our friends?"

Jaden smiled a bit more and shook his head.

"No, silly." He said as he wiped at his own tear. "I won't give up on Yubel, ever. That's a fact. But I asked you to bring me here to say farewell."

"What?" Luna thought out loud as she instinctively powered up her Rod.

"I need you to destroy us." Jaden said after he swallowed hard. "While we are in control. I know you were just about to fly us out of harm's way out there, don't do that. Let us get obliterated."

Luna let go of the power she had built up in her rod, suddenly confused.

"My friends above all things, yeah?" Jaden smiled as he tucked a strand of Luna's hair behind her ear. "That way Yubel and I can keep the others that are merged with us from putting up much of a fight, but she and I will be the first ones to be destroyed."

"What are you talking about?" Luna demanded. "You want me to kill you? You think that's something I will be able to do without breaking everything that I am? Do you realize what you are asking of me?"

"Please, Lu. This is the only way." Jaden said, the corner of his mouth twitching a little as he seemingly struggled to keep his emotions in check. "That way, you get to save the world, your friends get to live, and Yubel and I get to stay together. Isn't that a win win?"

"After all the deaths we had to suffer, all of the friends we have lost." Luna said, her vision blurring from her watering eyes. "You are asking me to kill my best pal!"

"I'm asking you to help me save the world."

"Well, shit, man." Luna said, wiping her own tears with the back of her hand. "What am I supposed to say when you put it like that?"