Chapter 26

We can try the same strategy! Luna thought as she tried to calm her heart down.

Infinite attack points were scary, but Geh was not immune to card effects. Her Chaos Dragon could make it go into defense mode, and make that infinite point into big round zero.

"Let's try the same strategy, Jay!" Luna yelled. If Chaos Dragon's effect worked, then it alone would suffice. But just in case, she wanted Jaden to also make a second attack.

"Not very creative, huh?" a ragged voice whispered in Luna's ear, making her turn around immediately but not finding anyone.

An explosive noise made Luna turn back again to see Armityle putting some distance between it and Geh.

"What's wrong, why did you stop?" Jaden asked from a distance.

Luna was sure she had heard a voice, but she couldn't get distracted. One wrong move and Geh could kill any one of them. She was about to will her dragon to attack when a green pillar of light came down from the skies.

"You fool! You think I can't see you whispering in her ear?" Dartz's voice boomed through the air as the light faded and revealed Dartz simply floating in the air. "Come out at once and explain yourself."

A creepy laughter ensued as a shadow appeared behind Luna, making her quickly back away from it.

"Maybe it's the traces of Marik Ishtar that Diabound has absorbed. Or maybe it's the darkness that I have tasted from her." The voice she had heard whisper, came from the shadow before what seemed like a disfigured and mangled man stepped out. "Whichever the case, it would seem I have grown a certain fondness for this one."

The things that he said, proved that he was Bakura, but the state he was in and his ragged voice was completely unfamiliar to Luna.

"We had a deal." Dartz said, his face devoid of any expression despite the vehemence in his voice.

"We did." The disfigured Bakura said before he coughed up some blood. "But it seems the situation has changed. Particularly for me."

"What the hell happened to you?" Dartz asked, seemingly not worried that Bakura had just broken whatever agreement they had going.

The disfigured Bakura laughed once more before coughing again.

"I finally dealt with the Pharaoh." Bakura said, making the hair in the back of Luna's neck rise. "Vengeance is finally mine."

"Foolish wretch." Dartz scoffed. "Blinded by vengeance, look at what it cost you. You are throwing away the entire plan for the universe!"

"Do you mind cutting down on the monologue? The sun isn't too kind on the current state of my skin." Bakura laughed through half missing lips.

"And you are confident about betraying me?" Dartz asked, suddenly looking more relaxed. "The only thing keeping us in equal footing was the fact that you were bound to Zorc. A fearsome presence for sure, one I no longer sense with you."

What the fuck is going on? Luna wondered as she thought of leaving the two to fight it out and going with Jaden to help Seto and the others.

"You sound sure about that." Bakura said, head hanging at an awkward angle. "But if knew how much power lies within this girl-"

Suddenly, Bakura stretched a hand towards Luna as the Millennium Ring appeared on front of his torn torso, glowing as all five of its needles pointed towards Luna. A shadow spread from the ring towards Luna as Dartz quickly pointed at her with two fingers and recited something in a language mysterious to her.