Her laugh| 3

Y/N'S POV

   " Hey, Tom?" I said looking over at him from across the table. No answer " Toooom" still no answer " Tommy!" I said leaning my elbows on the table. " Do NOT call me that, Y/n" he said glaring at me " Well, sorry. You wouldn't pay attention to me!" I said smirking and raising my eyebrows " Ok, what do you want then" he said annoyed " Watcha reading?" I said tilting my head. " Your still being nosey" he replied raising his eyebrows " I just want to know!" I said getting defensive " What are YOU reading?" he said with a smirk " Fine, we'll both show each other at the same time. Okay?" " Fiiiiine" he said rolling his eyes. " 3-2-1" I said smiling. Dark arts. Funny, I was reading a book similar to that one. 

   " Is that why you were so secretive?" I said smirking " Maybe.." he said looking to the side " You can't say much of anything, yourself" he replied with a stupid side smile. He reached across the table and snatched the book from my hands " Heyyy, give it back!" I demanded " Hmmm, no" he said swaying it over my head. I smirked and grabbed his. " Okay, Y/n. Give it back!" he said with a serious look " Uh, yeah. No!" I said running off " Y/N COME BACK HERE!!" he yelled running after me. I looked back and just started laughing. I ran to the courtyard and climbed into a tree. " Haha, Tom you can't get me up here!" I said mocking him " Y/n it's not funny, give it back. NOW!" he said stomping his foot " No, not until I get mine back!" I yelled down " That's not gonna happen!" He yelled back at me, while looking up. " Well then, your not getting yours back!" I said slipping down the other side of the tree " Y/n!" he was whining like a baby. I just smiled and laughed. He ran over to me and grabbed his book. Then he picked me up and slung me over his shoulder. " Tom put me down!" I said laughing while kicking my feet. " How about, no" he said while walking back inside " Tom Marvolo Riddle, put me down this instant!" I said (lightly) slapping him on the back of the head. " Fine, jeez!" he said setting me down " Thank you" I said while wiping the wrinkles away on my skirt. " Can I have my book back now?" I asked reaching my hand out " I guess so" he said rolling his eyes.

TIME SKIP: NEXT TUESDAY 

     Tom and I walked into the Great Hall; it was time for lunch to be served. You sat at the end of the table again, for good measure. Tom sat to the right of you, and a boy you didn't know sat to your left. You had heard from the whispers of other students in the hall (because nobody ever talked to you) that Tom was quiet good at potion. You on the other hand not so much. After you were finished eating you went to the library to study for potions. There was this one potion you just couldn't get completely right. It was Befuddlement Draught, you either didn't stir the cauldron enough, or too much. You were reading a book on potions when you realized it wasn't about the stirring. You were adding to little of amounts of Scurvy Grass! You got up and left the library. As you were walking down the halls, you felt as if you were being watched. You kept peering over your shoulder, but never seen anybody, or anything for that matter. " I'm just being paranoid!" you thought to yourself. You and Tom weren't hanging out as much anymore, he says it's because of his "friends". Which are really just his followers, they were just too delusional to see that. You were still walking down the hallway as your footsteps echoed through the halls. Curious as to what would happen, you turned the corner and stopped walking, yet footsteps still echoed. They weren't yours though, you didn't recognize the pattern of them either. You decided that you didn't want to be caught be whoever (or whatever) was following you, so you kept heading through the hall speeding up your steps as well. 

       You ended up going to the courtyard so that you were in an open area. Since you had no one to call friend (with the exception of Tom, who was sort of your friend) you couldn't just walk up to anybody and start talking to them. You kept looking around looking for anywhere to hide, then you saw him. It was kind of a desperate move, and you weren't sure if you should, considering he was with his "friends". You speed walked over to Tom; he saw you but ignored you. " Uhm, Tom?" you said trying not to let your voice shake. Still no answer " Tom, please!" you pleaded not being able to control your shaking voice. One of his minions shoved you off to the side, though you were trying not to make a scene you couldn't hold it in anymore. " Tom! Listen to me!" you said raising your voice, tears running down your face. He looked over at you annoyed and signaled for his followers to move aside so you could walk through. " What do you want?" he said sharply not even looking at you. " I think someone's following me" you said looking up at him. This however did catch his attention, he looked down at you concerned. " What do you mean, you think someone is following you?" " I've been feeling like I'm being watched, and I've heard footsteps that aren't mine!". " Your probably just overreacting" he said trying not to sound concerned " Fine, then!" you said rolling your eyes and walking away " Y/n, wait" he said confused. " Why should I?" you yelled back, continuing to walk away.

TIME SKIP: FRIDAY

You were still being followed; you could tell by that feeling you kept getting. No one was ever there though, never. Were you going crazy? Tom had no interest in talking to you after you walked away so rudely on Tuesday, if anyone had been in their right mind, they would have come back there and then. However, you chose not to. It was just you eating alone while he sat next to you. This was the boy from lunch on Tuesday! " Uhm, hi?" you said confused as he looked over at you " Hi" he said awkwardly. " I noticed you were sitting next to me on Tuesday. May I ask your name?" " Briar, Briar Starling. Yours?" he said smiling " I'm Y/n Y/l/n" you smiled back. He reached out his hand, and he took his hand in yours and shook it. When you opened your hand, it revealed a small stone. It was white and black. Almost marble looking. You giggled, " Thanks!" you said putting the stone into your pocket after admiring it for a second. Tom noticed this and felt a feeling he couldn't explain, he just wanted to punch this kid in the face. But why? He seemed of no importance. You and Briar started to talk while having dinner. After that you decided to go to the courtyard. Little did you know Tom would have one of his "friends" follow you two.

Tom's POV

     I sat there, watching how he made her laugh. He just swooped in and started charming her. Why do I care anyways? She's just some girl that I happen to know! But that's the problem. She's not just " some girl" she's different than the other girls. Yet, she's not. She doesn't appear any different than them, but she really is. Just not at first glance. I don't know why, but that...that "Briar Starling" has to go. I didn't like the idea of him around her, much less looking at her! The thought of him with her made his blood boil. " Chester?" Tom said through gritted teeth and balled up fist's " Yes?" he answered back realizing his tone of voice. " Follow them, and tell me what you see" Tom said flaring his nostrils. He wasn't going to sit back and watch this happen, while he could at least try to do something about it. Tom could scare almost anybody into getting what he wanted, you were different as usual. He didn't scare you and it drove him insane. Why weren't you scared of him?