Part 9

When you woke up in the hospital wing, it was about 1am. Madam Pomfrey was sitting next to your bed in a chair. She had a bowl of cold water and a rag. You rubbed your eyes with your fists and slowly sat up. "Oh, deary! You're awake!" Madam Pomfrey exclaimed. "Huh?" you said, still mostly asleep. "Dear, it's been 2 days since you arrived here...." she calmly said, while getting up.

You furred your eyebrows, clearly distraught. Your hands slid into your hair, and you gripped it tightly. What even happened?

All you remember is pointing out a room to Chester with Tom in it. Then you felt your head throbbing, next thing you knew Tom carried you here...... You looked over and saw three figures walking towards you. Then it hit you like a bus, it had talked to you again that night.

Your eyes widened and your breathing sped up. As the figures came forth, you could make out their features. A tall boy, he was taller than the other two. He had Jet-Black hair; it was Tom. The next figure was also another boy. Shorter than the 1st, but taller than the last. It was Chester, you could tell because of the little candlelight reflecting his dirty-blonde hair. And the last figure was Madam Pomfrey.

"Tom, Chester? I that you?" you asked, squinting your eyes. Chester and Tom walked to the side of your bed. "Yeah, it's us" Chester said, giving you a weak smile. Tom only stood there. Staring. "So, are you ok?" Chester asked. "I'm not really sure. Hopefully I am!" you said, fake smiling.

Madam Pomfrey walked away for a brief second to check on the other patients. "Hey, Tom. Can I tell you something?" you asked, looking to the tall boy who stood beside you. "Uhm, sure. What is it" he said hesitantly. "What happened? Like, when I blacked out?" you asked, looking into his eyes.

He looked away, shaking his head. He folded his lips and walked away. "Tom?" you asked, very confused. "Chester, what's going on?" you demanded. "Tom, he..." Chester started to speak, slowly at first.

"Tom figured out who's following you. Almost." "Ok, that doesn't explain why he left though!" you stated "I-it does..." "But, how!" you said, raising your voice slightly. "We can't talk here, we'll talk tomorrow. Besides, Tom wants to tell you when you find out. You can't tell him I told you." "Oh, ok. We can talk in my dorm tomorrow, after lunch"

Tom's POV

!Mature language!

When she looked into my eyes like that...I couldn't take that guilt. I'll have to tell her eventually though. I just can't handle all these feelings, feelings for her...... If something bad ever happened to her because of me, I wouldn't forgive myself. I need to catch that bastard, no matter what it takes.

It was now early morning, so you decided to go to your common room

It was now early morning, so you decided to go to your common room. Madam Pomfrey told you to be cautious, you told her you'd try to. You walked into the common room, the fire was lit. You sat down in front of the fireplace, staring into the flames as they traced your features with their light.

You brought your knees up to your chest as you thought of everything that's happened in the last 2 weeks. Your on and off friendship with Tom, the footsteps, the voices, that letter you got.... How could they have lied to you all that time, pretending like they did. It's not like you can just waltz out at any given moment. They used you, lied to you and emotionally scarred. Now most likely you'd have trust issues. They really don't think their actions have consequences, do they?

While you were deep in thought, Tom came and sat beside you. He just stared into the flames as well. He seemed as if he wanted to say something, but just couldn't. "Tom, I want your honest answer." you stated, still looking into the flames. "Who do you think is following me?" "I-I can't answer that..." he stuttered "Tom, you do. I said your honest answer, that wasn't it." you snapped at him, turning your head towards him.

"It's... My father, ok." he finally said, clenching his jaw. "I don't understand. Why?" you asked, shocked "I'm not sure either." he said, lying. He knew EXACTLY why he was after you, it's a good thing you didn't.

Hahaha, cliff-hanger!! Hope this chapter was ok, it's kinda scattered. Sorry about that, I hope to update every day or every two days. This story is being written as I think of stuff TBH. All the reads really help, I love knowing that there's people out there who were interested enough to at least look at it! Stay safe!!

-Emily