Beef with Avery|7

You walked into transfiguration. It was abnormally quiet actually. Your class was usually pretty loud. You took your seat, towards the middle back section. Then you realized half your class actually wasn't there.

"Uhm, professor. McGonagall?" you asked, quietly raising hand slightly. "Yes, dear?" she replied smiling "Where is everyone?" you said with a confused look on your face. "Oh, I forgot to mention. We've decided to switch half the class." "Oh" "So whomever would be in potions now, will be in all your other classes for the rest of your year." 

Your eyes got wide. That means Tom would be in every class you had. You already shared the other two classes. "Does everyone understand?" she calmly asked the class. They all nodded their heads.

Tom, along with his other classmates, walked in. You looked up from the book you were reading  and just stared. "Didn't anybody ever tell you it's rude to stare, Y/l/n?" Avery said with a smug look on his face. You rolled your eyes. "Don't flatter yourself. I'd rather die than crush over you.".

 "Yeah, well. At least I'm not a total disappointment" he sneered, with a disgusted look on his face. He did NOT just say that! "YOU TAKE THAT BACK, RIGHT NOW!" you shouted slamming your hands on your desk and standing up.

You were furious. Your face was red, how could he say something like that? "Hmmm, no" he snapped back, with his stupid smirk. "I said. TAKE. IT. BACK!" you repeated, stomping over to him.

"No, I'm not going to! It's only the truth". You grabbed his collar, locking eyes. Your nostrils were flaring. He only stood there smirking. "What are you going to do about it, huh?". Just as you were going to smack that smug look off his face, McGonagall walked in.

"What is going on here?" she asked demandingly "Oh, Professor McGonagall! Thank Merlin you here!" Avery said, switching his attitude almost instantly. "I was just trying to make conversation with Y/n here, and she just started yelling at me!" "That's not true! He was calling me a disappointment!" you said defending yourself.

"Mr. Riddle." McGonagall asked, "Is any of this true. From either of them?" "Well, Y/n is telling the truth "he said with his normal blank expression. "Thank you. Avery we will have a talk later. You also BOTH get detention. Because this was unnecessary behavior. From you both"

You just averted your gaze to the ground and nodded.

Lunch

You walked into the Great Hall and saw Severus. You walked over, just wanting to be nice. You were also quiet curious of him as well, he wasn't really one for talking. "Hi, it's Severus, right?" you asked while sitting next to him. "Uh, yeah. C-can I help you?" he timidly asked, looking at the plate in front of him. "Oh, no. I just wanted to say hi is all!" you replied back while smiling.

"Why would you do that?" he asked looking up from his plate. He looked shocked. "Because I wanted to.... Do I need a reason to?" "No, no. I was just wondering. Only Lily really talks to me" "Well, I'm talking to you now!" you smiled

You and Severus continued to talk. He was actually pretty funny. Well, in his own special way. It was your free period now, so you had to bid him goodbye. "Uhm, I'll catch you later?" you asked "M-maybe" he replied, slightly smiling. You were walking to the library when, you heard the footsteps.

You sped up your pace and eventually sprinted down the hall. You got to the library, desperately looking for someone you knew. Tom. Why was he always conveniently there? You rushed over to him, and of course he was with Avery. "Tom, can I talk to you? " "I don't know, can you?" Avery said mockingly. "Shut it!" Tom sneered at him.

You and Tom walked down a few chairs. "What's the problem?" he asked, clearly annoyed. "The footsteps, I-I can hear them again. I'm still being followed". He just looked at you, like he was thinking of something.

Without saying anything, he grabbed your hand and drug you over to where he previously was. "Avery, let's go" he demanded, not even looking at him. "Uhm, okay. Why?" "Does it matter?!" Tom stopped and asked, while looking back at him. "N-no, but I-" "Exactly, that's what I thought!"

Hey guys! Hope your liking this fanfic so far! I wonder what Tom's gonna do? Hmmmm, we'll have to find out next chapter. Cause honestly, I don't even know yet😂. Stay safe! Love Ya'll!

- Emily