Was it really a dream?|4

Y/'s POV

    As you were walking you noticed a shadow every once and a while out if the corner of your eye. "Is everything alright, Y/n?" Briar asked you, looking concerned " Yeah, of course...Never better!" you said putting on a fake smile as you slowly turned your sight back to him.  You made it to the courtyard and sat on a bench. The air was crisp, due to fall rolling around the in about a month. You watched as all sorts of different people walked around, some chased each other, and others just simply talked with one another. One person caught your eye, it was Chester Dovetail. You had seen him around Tom and the other minions. "Uhm, Excuse me for a brief moment please Briar." you said standing up "Oh, yeah. Sure!' he said lightly smiling at you. You rushed towards Chester to confront him, but he must have seen that you had spotted him. He dashed off, so naturally you went after him. 

"Oi! I know you saw me!" you said running after him "Fine, what do you want?" he replied annoyed as you caught up to him "Why were you following me?" you asked sternly looking him in the eyes "I have no idea what you're talking about." he scowled looking at you "Oh yeah, I know" he muttered to himself. "I heard that!" you yelled flaring, your nostrils. He just smirked to himself, "You have no proof, even if I was following you!" he said with a sassy tone 

"Have you been following me all week?!" you demanded "No, I haven't. I'll admit to that!" he replied shaking his head, while putting his hands up "I'd never do that! Tom would have me killed, he even tried looking for whoever was following you!".  "Really......" you said mostly to yourself trailing off "Yeah!" "Thanks, you can go now" you said calmly 

"Oh, and Dovetail!" "What?" he said turning around "Don't. Ever. Follow. Me. Again. I don't care what Tom says about it" "Right, yeah ok" he said running off, surely to report back to Tom.

You walked back to the courtyard, to see Briar was gone. He must have had something to attend to. You walked off to the library, as you did the wind gently blew against the corridors. You entered the library and went through the selections of books on the bookshelves. Once you got to a certain aisle you noticed no one else was there. Hardly any voices were heard for that matter. As you ran your finger across the shelf, searching for the ideal book, you noticed the shelves were quiet dusty. "Hmm, I see somebody's not doing their job!" you said quietly to yourself.

You found a book; the title caught your eye. Caught in Love's web. How ironic. You slightly laughed at yourself and proceeded to tuck the book under your left arm. You walked over to a small section of tables and sat down. It was very peaceful actually, to peaceful almost.....As if on que, you caught a glimpse of a tall silhouette. You pretended not to see it and glued your eyes back onto the pages of your book. You could hear shuffling around, footsteps. They were the same footsteps of who's been following you, whosever's they may be. You learned to recognize the sounds of them, so you knew whenever they were coming.

You could sense the being was right next to you, now. Not wanting to come off alarmed, you pretended you didn't know they were there. You continued reading the book, not wanting to know the many possible outcomes if you didn't. The fear was driving you mad, it seemed to eat away at your senses, you becoming, more and more aware of whoever was next to you. You just wanted to start screaming or crying, you were absolutely terrified! That section that you sat at, not being well lit, didn't help at all. You could feel the air around you change, as if someone was moving.....An icy, cold hand gripped onto your right shoulder, causing you to inhale sharply.

It remained quiet though. You breathed in and out of your nose. As your heartbeat sped up, so did your thoughts. What's going to happen now?  Who is this? Why are they following me?  For how long have they truly been following me? Have they been in plain sight this entire time?  The being slowly lowered its head next to your ear. You kept looking forward, not wanting to see this possibly ugly looking creature. "Hello...Y/n" it said, as if taunting you. Your eyes widened, you wanted to say something or scream, but you just couldn't. "Having trouble speaking, are we?" it said with laughter in its voice. You could just hear it smiling as its hot breath blew onto your neck, while exhaling. "Don't worry, you won't be able to scream after I'm done with you...." it laughed menacingly

You woke up inhaling deeply. You were still at the library, same section, same book same everything. So then, what happened. You were sweating. You could feel it drip down the side of your face. You blinked a few times, trying to comprehend what just happened. Was it just a dream? It was all to vivid and real to be! It would be a lie to say it was. You looked down at the book you were previously reading. A sentence was scratched out and replaced with a new one. From what it looks like, the previous sentence seemed to say: "I could feel the soft hand touch my face". The new sentence was COMPLETELY different, "I know you felt my touch" it read. You grabbed the book and shoved the book into your bag.

You got up from the table, seeing as to what time it was. 11:30, surprising no prefect or Filch and his stupid cat saw you. You cautiously roamed through the hallways, making sure not to make a sound. Before you could get to the Slytherin common room's entrance, you seen someone out of the corner of your eye.

Cliff hanger! Muhahaha.  Anyways, if you have enjoyed this book so far, I hope you enjoy this chapter! It's got some drama, but not as much as I plan for upcoming chapters!

Love Y'all. Stay safe!! 

- Emily 😘