Chapter 20

Y/n's POV

Just like all good things, summer came to an end and it was time to head back to Hogwarts.

I was happy to be going back to Hogwarts, but still sad that I had to leave the lake house. I had learned to enjoy the company of the three boy's and quiet enjoyed it actually. Chester and I are best friends now, actually.

Honestly I think Tom may be a little jealous.

Speaking of Tom, towards the middle of break he became very...distant . I barely every saw him and I was surprised when I saw him enter our train car.

When I saw him, I immediately felt concerned. His once bright brown eye's had now turned darker. Also his skin got much paler, he wasn't the most dark skinned, but he made snow look dark. He had bag's under his eyes and he just looked....weaker.

I wanted to say something to him about it, but the timing didn't seem right. Instead, I just smiled slightly and nodded. He did the same, except for the smile.

I diverted my attention back to Chester and we continued to talk the entire way to Hogwarts.

+-+_+_+_+-+

The ceremony was the same as last year, except in a different order. 

Something else that was different, was Lily and James. They looked awfully close. I knew they like each other and were sort of a thing, but I guess they got super close.

I soon realized Severus was on my left. Man had he really changed. In a good way of course.

Considering that we had become friends last year, I decided to say 'hi'.

"Hello Severus, long time no see." I said as I looked at the boy next to me. "Oh, Y/n! Hi, it has been a while." he replied, a little startled at first. He smiled slightly.

That's the first time I've seen a genuine smile from him. "I like your smile, it suits you very nicely." I replied, which slightly caught him off guard. "T-thank you"

+-+_+_+_+-+

Because, Tom, Chester or Avery wasn't around for the ceremony, I walked back to the common room with Severus.

Since it wasn't quiet curfew, we just talked in the common room, catching up with each other. Eventually we got tired and both headed back to our dorms.

"Good Night, Y/n" "Good Night, Severus" I said smiling.

Around 2:00, I woke up in a cold sweat. I'm not even sure why.

To get my mind off things, I decided on taking a walk. While walking through an empty corridor, I saw three figures.

As my eye's adjusted, I seen Tom, Avery and Chester. I was confused why they were here, so I kept listening.

"Promise not matter what, you'll protect Y/n with your lives" a voice said, clearly Tom's. "With all do respect, we do already." Chester replied. "I might lose my mind...." Tom said, once again. "What are you saying exactly?" Avery asked. "You might have to protect her from me at some point..."

I furrowed my brows, confused why I would have to worry about him.

"I promise" Avery and Chester, responded at the same time. "Good." Tom replied coldly.

I heard foot steps walking my way. I started Panicking and quickly ran into a room. 

After I was certain they were gone, I went to leave. As I tried turning the door knob, it jammed. I suddenly felt an uneasy feeling and I knew it was him.

Gathering all my courage, I turned around. "You're a smart girl, Y/n" he said, slightly amused. "I've decided to let you in on my little....secret." "What would that be?" I asked, intrigued.

"After I die, Tom will be a full copy of me. Mind, Body and soul. His...emotions will be completely gone, all except his love for you of course. Though, he'll still know the feeling of hatred and betrayal." "Why are you telling me this?" I asked once more.

"Because I was always fond of your mother, and you resemble her very much. I've also decided that I don't want to be on this.....pathetic world anymore. I figured I could at least give you some information."

As I took in this new info, he disappeared.

I heard a click come from behind me. I assumed it was the door, so I quickly flung it opened and went back to my dorm.