Chapter 19

As Avery stood there laughing, I swam up to the end of the dock. He was near the edge, but I only have one shot at this.

While he was distracted, I grabbed his ankles and dragged him into the water. "Y/N!!!" he yelled, just before I pulled him under.

He popped back up, spitting water out of his mouth. "It's what you get!" I exclaimed raising my eyebrows. "Yeah, whatever".

"Do you guy's wanna have a chicken fight?" Chester asked. "A what?" Tom asked confused. "Two people sit on two other peoples shoulders, and the people that are on their shoulders try to knock the other person off." Chester explained.

"Ah, I get it. Y/n, you can sit on my shoulders" Tom demanded. I just smiled and walked over to him. (You swam to the shore).

"Ok. I'll partner up with Avery then." Chester said making his way towards Avery.

~.-.-.~

3rd person POV

Chester sat on Avery's shoulders and you sat on Tom's. "Ok, 1, 2, 3 GO!" you shouted as you started to lean forwards towards Chester.

You and Chester had your grips on each others hands, trying to knock the other over. You had started to knock Chester over, but he quickly faked out and pushed you off of Tom's shoulders.

Splash. You had fallen into the water.

"TEAM Y/N LOSES, TEAM CHESTER WIN'S!!" Avery exclaimed, rubbing it in your faces.

When you popped back up, Tom was giving Avery a look. 'Oop-' you thought to yourself 'That's not good'.

+-^*******^-+

You all decided to go back up to the house and just hang out.

After taking a shower and putting some night clothes on, you walked downstairs. Chester and Avery were already sitting on the couches reading a book.

"Hey you two, where'd Tom go?" you asked, approaching Chester and sitting next to him. "Oh, he said he wasn't coming down. Something about important business or something." Avery replied, slightly looking up from his book.

"Oh, ok."

You sat with your hands in your lap just looking out the window. "Do you guys want anything?" you asked as you started walking towards the kitchen. "I'll have a coke" Chester said.

"What about you Avery?" "Water is fine" he mumbled. "Ok, be right back!"

You walked over to the fridge and grabbed out two glass bottles of Coca-Cola and sat them on the counter. Then, you reached up into the cabinet and grabbed out a large glass.

Before filling it up with water you went and grabbed some ice cubes out of the ice box. Ice in hand, you walked back over and put it in the cup. After filling the cup with water, you tucked the two bottles under your arm and went into the living room.

"Here you go" You said handing Avery his water. "Thanks".

After sitting back down, you handed Chester his drink.

+-^******^-+

Y/n's POV

My eyes were starting to droop. I quickly excused myself and headed up to bed.

After laying down, I had this weird feeling that something bad was going to happen. I was right. Well, partially.

Nothing bad was going to happen soon. Something awful would be happening the next few years.

End of year 6