Chapter 1- Who are you

Alec Lightwood is 20 and studying to be a lawyer at university. He doesn't like it, but his father Robert Lightwood owns a law firm and he wants Alec to work there and take over the firm later.

Alec is not very interested in being a lawyer. He likes animals. He wants to be a vet. But his father is such a violent, strong personality that he can't contradict him. He's the eldest child in the family and has to carry on the family legacy. His sister Izzy has just started university. She is also studying to be a lawyer, but unlike Alec, she loves it. His adopted brother Jace no longer lives with them. He moved away six months ago and has set up his own business. He is running a gym. His youngest brother Max is still in high school.

In Alec's spare time, he secretly helps out a nearby vet, Ragnor Fell, whom he first met at an animal shelter where Alec was volunteered. Ragnor occasionally helped them care for the animals. After seeing how devoted Alec was to the animals Ragnor became very fond of Alec, who was open-hearted and always helpful. Since then, twice a week, when lectures at the university finish early, Alec goes straight to the veterinary practice and helps out in any way he can. Of course, his father doesn't know about this. Ragnor is an excellent instructor and is happy to teach the enthusiastic Alec. Alec plans to enrol in veterinary school after he graduates.

It is early afternoon on a Tuesday. The veterinary practice is not very busy. Alec is cleaning the animals' beds when Ragnor calls him.

"In an hour, a dear friend of mine is coming and bring his pregnant cat for a check-up. Since you've never seen a case like this, you can come to see it. The cat is calm, Magnus won't have any problems if you are there when we check the pregnancy. "

"Thank you Ragnor, I'd be very happy to see it. "

Alec goes back to the animals. He'll be done in an hour. Just in time, because Magnus arrived with his cat. He goes into the surgery and greets Ragnor.

"Magnus, would you mind if my student came in to see the examination? Your cat is always calm, I don't think she would mind. "

"Of course, Ragnor, you can call him."

Ragnor calls Alec in. Alec enters, his feet are rooted in the ground. He has never seen such a beautiful man. Magnus is all glamour and elegance. His hair is perfect, black with barely visible purple streaks. He wears make-up, a smoky shade and eyeliner to highlight his magnificent eyes. Alec doesn't notice but stares at Magnus for a few moments.

"Who are you?" asks Magnus when he sees the young man, who was tall, impossibly handsome, and his hair in a mess, but it suits him so well that Magnus is completely enchanted.

Alec can hardly speak.

"A...A...Alec" finally greets him.

****************************
This is my very first story. I hope you will like it. I plan to publish chapters every 2-3 days.