Chapter 8 - Next morning

After an eventful day and dawn, both Alec and Magnus were so tired that they fell asleep in a moment.  In the morning, when Alec woke up, the apartment was still quiet. He looked at his phone. It was just after eight in the morning. He hadn't slept much, yet he was rested. In truth, he hadn't slept so peacefully in a long time. He had no nightmares, no nervous knots in his stomach because of fear. Everything was calm and peaceful around him. It was a strange feeling. It was not what he was used to. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes, stood up and opened the closet to look for clothes. Among the many colorful clothes he found some larger and more modest pieces. He picked out a light navy blue T-shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants. He didn't notice it in the evening, but there was a small bathroom in his room. He went in, took a quick shower and got dressed. Opened the door, decided to check on Snowflake and the little ones. Snowflake had a beautiful bunk cat furniture, soft cat bed that were now on the floor to make her and the kittens more comfortable. With all 5 little ones around, Snowflake looked wearily at Alec with her big blue eyes. Her eyes were as blue as the clear sky. Snowflake didn't move for the little ones, but she meowed softly to Alec a few times. 

"Hi, cat Mommy." Snowflake looked at him pleadingly. "Are you hungry, girl? I wonder where Magnus keeps the cat food? " 

He opened some cupboards in the kitchen and found it. He opened a bag and put it in Snowflake's plate and brought it to her.  Snowflake looked at him gratefully and started to eat. 

"Eat girl, with so many baby kittens you need the energy" Alec told her, then went to the kitchen. He thought they needed energy too, and wanted to do something kind for Magnus. He was pretty good in the kitchen, so he decided to make some coffee and pancakes. First, he looked around to see what he could find. Luckily, Magnus had all the ingredients, and even found some fresh strawberries. It didn't take long and he felt at home in Magnus' kitchen.  He tried to do everything quietly, not wanting to wake Magnus. In the meantime, he looked at Snowflake, who had finished breakfast and was curled up peacefully next to the little ones. In about half an hour he finished the pancakes, made the coffee and took the orange juice out of the fridge. He was cutting the strawberries when the door of Magnus' bedroom opened and Magnus, still in his pajamas, stepped out, a little disheveled. He rubbed his eyes sleepily as he said:

"What is that amazingly delicious smell I woke up to? It's as if I'm in heaven and I can smell the sweet scent of angels.

"I made some pancakes for breakfast. I kind of wanted to thank you for all you've done for me, I hope you like it..." said Alec

"Like it? I love it! It's my favorite breakfast. Thank you Alexander. Good morning."

"Good morning to you too, Magnus. Breakfast is served." Alec smiled at him.

"First I'm going to see Snowflake and the little ones," said Magnus. "How sweetly they sleep. Have you fed them? Thank you. How nice to have a vet in the house," said Magnus with a smile. 

"Yes, she was hungry too. She needs to eat more. And you know I'm not a vet... Come on, let's eat breakfast."

They sat down on either side of the kitchen island. Magnus hummed pleasantly as he ate. "Alexander, that tastes so good " They started a light conversation, even though they had been through a lot together yesterday, they were almost strangers to each other. 

"Alexander, I'll do the dishes. You shouldn't wash dishes with sore hands. By the way, where's the bandage on your hand?" 

"I took a shower, and I took it off so it wouldn't get wet. Can you help me put it back on? Usually Izzy helps with that." 

"I'll put it on you after washing the dishes. Anyway, who's Izzy? When I called you yesterday, you thought it was Izzy.

"Izzy is my sister. She's an angel. Do you have any siblings?"