Chapter 10 - The dorm

They ordered pizza for dinner.

"Alexander, tomorrow is Monday. When do the lectures at the university start? "

"Luckily, I don't have to go tomorrow, the lectures are canceled." Alec said. 'But I've got to sort out my accommodation. Tomorrow I'll go to the university to see if there's a dorm available. I don't want to go home. My mother is going to rent an apartment.We are moving out of my father's house. But I don't know how quickly that will be resolved. I'm not going home until then. There must be some kind of temporary accommodation in the dorm. There's one problem, I need my books and notes from home. And my laptop, and clothes. I'll have to pick them up tomorrow while my dad's at the office. I don't want to see him. It would be nice if I could bring everything to the dorm. I have to start there in the morning. Huh, so much to do."

"Alexander, I know it's a sudden idea, but until your mom solves the apartment problem, you can stay here. I work quietly, you study quietly. I don't think we'd be disturbing each other. "

"Magnus, that's very kind of you, but you've already done more than you should have. I'm very grateful, and I appreciate your offer, but I don't want to be a burden to you. "

"You are not a burden at all. After all the time I've spent alone, it's nice to have some life in the apartment. But I respect what you want. At least then let me help. Tomorrow I'll take a day off too, it doesn't really matter to me when I work, as long as I'm done by the deadline. I'll drive you to the university, then home, and we can pick up your stuff. Is that OK?"

"Yes, thank you Magnus. That would be a big help."

They ate the pizza, and Snowflake was fed. They tidied up, and by the time they'd finished it was pretty late.

"How about we go to bed? Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. We should leave for the university at 7.30. We have to get up early." said Magnus.

"Yes. We didn't do anything today, but I'm tired." They went to the bedrooms. Magnus said to Alec at the door of the guest room. "Since you're sleeping in the dorm from tomorrow, how about I ask you out on a date Friday night? I don't really like going out in public, but I'm a good cook. Can I invite you for dinner at my apartment Friday night?" asked Magnus.

"Nothing would I love more than a real date." Alec said with a big grin. "But Magnus, if you don't like leaving the house, I can handle tomorrow on my own. I don't need to make you feel uncomfortable. And...and I want to say that if you feel like it, you can always tell me the things you haven't said. I don't know what happened, but you must to know that you can trust me. I don't want to put any pressure on you, I'll wait until you're ready." Alec said as he took Magnus' hand and stroked it gently.

"Thank you Alexander. It means a lot to me. I have no problem with tomorrow. I usually go out to do my things. I have a problem when I have to spend time in public. For example, in a restaurant, a bar, or a park. That kind of thing. I don't think I'm ready right now, but I'm grateful for your patience and understanding." Magnus said.

Alec caressed Magnus' cheek, Magnus stood on tiptoe and kissed Alec gently. Alec kissed him back. Magnus put one arm around Alec's neck and with the other he stuck his hand in his messy hair. They deepened their kiss. When they ran out of breath, their lips parted. They looked at each other.

"Good night, Magnus."

"Good night Alexander. Sleep well."

They said to each other and went into their bedrooms.

They got up early the next morning. They got dressed, had breakfast, fed Snowflake and got into Magnus' car.

"Alexander, I just realized, did you tell your family that you are at my place? Didn't they ask for you at the weekend?