Chapter 14 - Souls

Magnus woke up a few hours later. His soul was as calm as it had been for a long time. He was happy. He smiled as he went to the kitchen.His breakfast was laid out on a tray on the counter, with a glass of orange juice and a piece of paper with a note on it: 'Good morning my love, I hope you slept well, I'm very proud of you. Enjoy your breakfast. (I gave Snowflake breakfast)'

Magnus ate his breakfast, re-read what Alec had written a few times, and thought how lucky he was to have such a thoughtful boyfriend. If someone had told him two weeks ago that he was going to live with the love of his life, share his past and write again, he would probably have thought him a complete fool at the very least. And now here he is, and he couldn't be happier.

The day passed quickly, Magnus worked in the afternoon, as he had a deadline to keep. When he heard the key turn in the lock, he went straight to the door, and as soon as Alec entered he pinned him against the wall and kissed him passionately, long and sweet. When they ran out of breath, their lips parted. Alec laughed.

"I see someone's in a good mood today" he said

"Yes, I am happy Alexander. It's been so long since I felt this way. I almost have to rediscover these feelings in myself. And I owe it all to you." He put his arms around his neck and gave him a light kiss on the lips.

"Did you eat today? How was your day?" asked Magnus as they went into the kitchen and started cooking something.

"Yes, I had lunch in the canteen with Izzy. Today was a good day for me too, because I woke up this morning and saw that you had started writing. I'm very proud of you Magnus. It was a big step. When I went to turn off your computer, I saw that you were writing under your own name and I saw the title of the book. I was very touched. You don't mind that I noticed? But I didn't read it. It was hard, but I stopped."

"Alexander, it's okay, you gave me back the ability to write again. It's still developing, but you can read it anytime, no problem."

"Thanks for your trust," Alec said as he stole a slice of carrot from the cutting board.

"Get your hand out of there, it won't be left in the food" Magnus tapped Alec gently on the nose.

"Just one more piece, please," Alec looked at Magnus with puppy eyes.

"Okay, but that comes at a price"

"Whatever it costs, I'll pay you right here and now. I love carrots"

"I won't give it to you cheap, it'll cost you a kiss" said Magnus.

Alec stepped up and turned Magnus, who now had his back to the kitchen island. He took the knife from his hand and put it down. He put his arm around Magnus' waist, leaned down. "I'll be happy to pay," he said, and pressed their lips together. Magnus wrapped one hand around Alec's neck, the other buried in his messy hair. The kiss was soft and gentle at first, Alec licked Magnus' lips, he opened it for him. They discovered the taste of each other, their tongues began to dance in sync with each other. The kiss became more heated, Alec lifted Magnus by the waist and sat him on the kitchen island. Their lips never parted for a moment, they kissed like there was no tomorrow. Magnus locked his legs around Alec's waist, pulling him closer. His hand moved under Alec's shirt and began to caress his back. Alec moaned a little at the sensation. His back and his sides were particularly sensitive to the touch. Meanwhile, he began to kiss Magnus' jaw and neck. Magnus turned his head to the side to give Alec more space. He was moaning with pleasure. He grabbed Alec's shirt, pulled it off him in one move, and threw it to the ground. Their lips hungrily reconnected, Magnus' fingers trailed down Alec's back. Alec shivered at the touch, and at that moment Magnus's phone rang. Their lips parted, gasping for breath.