Chapter 24 - In shock

...The power of love gave him a courage that surprised even himself. Suddenly his head cleared, his weakness disappeared.

He said quietly, "Alexander, close your eyes and don't move."

By the time he said the last word, the bow he had been leaning against the fireplace was in his hand, and an arrow was flying straight at the man and Alec...

The arrow went right past Alec's ear and struck the shoulder of the attacker, who at that moment cried out in pain, let go of Alec and collapsed. It all happened in a split second. As he let go, the knife slid down Alec's neck, making a deeper wound. Alec fell to his knees.

Magnus jumped over, kicked the knife far away from them, then grabbed the arrow sticking out of the attacker's shoulder and twisted it. The attacker screamed in pain, and Magnus pulled off the belt of his robe hanging from the hanger and tied his hands. Then he knelt beside Alec and hugged him.

"Alexander, your neck" cried Magnus in desperation. He tried to stop the bleeding with his hands.

"Magnus, I was terrified, I thought I was going to die. All I could think about was that I didn't want to lose you." Alec burst into sobs.

"Sssshhh. It's all right now. Show me your neck." Magnus's hand was bloody now, too. The blood was oozing and running down Alec's shirt, and the blood stain was getting bigger. "Luckily he didn't cut the artery. The angels were looking out for us."

"Luke, we have to call Luke first," Alec mumbled, confused and a little dizzy. It was then he realized he had dozens of missed calls from Luke.

Luke walked through the door at that moment. He saw the man lying on the ground, groaning in pain. Magnus and Alec sat shattered on the floor next to each other. The phone in Alec's hand. They were both in shock. Manus was holding Alec's neck to stop the bleeding, Alec's face was tear-stained and bloody. Luke knelt beside them.

"Magnus, take your hand off Alec's neck for a moment, please, and let me have a look."

Magnus pulled his hand back. Fortunately, it was bleeding much less.

"You were really lucky son, the artery didn't cut it, but it's deep. I'll call an ambulance, you're both in shock."

He made a few calls. Then he sat down next to the boys who just hugged each other and sat in silence.

"Can you tell me what happened? How did that arrow end up in Garcia's shoulder?"

"I was it, Luke. He grabbed Alec, held a knife to his neck. I had no choice. He wanted to kill him because the police had arrested his brother. Am I in trouble now? Are you going to arrest me?" asked Magnus in a shaky voice.

"No. It was legitimate self-defense. Calm down, son. It's all right. You did right. You'll have to make a statement, but you're both going to the hospital now. I've already called the ambulance, and we're taking this bastard to the Police station."

"Luke, I'm fine. Alec needs medical attention."

"You're in shock too, son, believe me, I've seen it before. You need a doctor too."

"Snowflake, and the little ones. I can't leave them here." Magnus mumbled.

"Don't worry, I'll take them with me, okay? Is there someone who can look after them for a few days? The problem is that I have a dog who doesn't get along with cats."

"Yes, Ragnor. I'll write down the address for you." Magnus said, his voice still trembling.

"Calm down, I'll take care of everything. Now tell me where your closet is and where I can find a sports bag, I'll pack you some clothes. "