Chapter 6 - Motel

"So you run away at night to your lover? Is this where Ragnor lives? How dare you leave home without my permission? Did you think I wouldn't notice you sneaking out? You can never come here again, forget your perversion!" Magnus heard on the balcony the man shouting.

He didn't need more than that, he ran down to the street. Meanwhile, he wondered why Alec was letting himself be hurt and not defending himself. He did nothing but lie on the ground while the stranger assaulted him physically and verbally.

Magnus wanted to tell the receptionist to call the police, but he wasn't at his desk. 'Damn, he's going around the house right now to check and he's not here. And I left my phone upstairs.' Magnus thought, but he didn't have time to think about it, because he heard Alec cry out in pain. He ran out the door.

Alec was still lying on the ground, the man scattered assorted curses at him. Magnus run over and with a few grabs brought the man to the ground. Alec looked at him with wide eyes. He hadn't expected Magnus, with his graceful movements and airy gait, can be so tough, strong and combative.

Magnus saw Alec's raised eyebrows, saw the look of utter shock on his face. But now was not the time to explain, and he had not yet decided whether he wanted to share this painful, dark side of his past with Alec. At least for now.

"Leave Alexander alone you perverted beast. Who do you think you are? " Magnus shouted forcefully, overheating with adrenaline. The man was so surprised by the quick attack that he couldn't speak.

Alec sat up, started to gag, but immediately called out to Magnus.

"Magnus no, he's my father."

Magnus' eyes widened, he couldn't believe a father would behave like that to his own child. He continued to hold Robert tightly, who couldn't speak for the pain, Alec began to plead with him.

"Please let him go, he really is my father"

"No way. As soon as the receptionist returns, we'll call the police and ambulance."

Alec was scared. He knew Magnus was right, but for the moment this couldn't be a police case, his father's reputation would be on the line, along with the business and everything. Even though his mother wanted a divorce, but they'd only talked about it yesterday, He can't just suddenly ruin everything with a rash act. He needed time to think about it, but he was in shock and he couldn't think now.

He began to beg Magnus "Please, you don't understand, let him go. Please. This is a complicated situation. Please Magnus."

Magnus looked at Alec in confusion, but slowly his anger eased. It crossed his mind again that something was wrong here and he wanted answers.

"Alright, I'm going to let you go slowly, but if you make a move towards us, I'm calling the police the moment you do. Get out of here right now."

He released Robert from his grip, who quickly went to his car. From further away he dared to shout. "Alexander, I don't want to see you again. Don't you dare come home, you pervert." and quickly got into his car and drove away.

Alec sat on the ground in shock, his back against the wall, holding his aching hands and he stared forward with empty eyes. Magnus ran up to him, knelt down beside him, took his hand to assess the damage. As soon as he touched him, that comforting shiver ran through him again, but there was not the right time to think about it.

"I see it's not broken. Alexander...Alec...Alec...are you here?" said to Alec, who speechless and broken-hearted stared forward.

"What? Yes...yes...I'm here Magnus" He slowly stood up, Magnus helped him.