Chapter 2- 5 kittens

Ragnor ends the awkward scene with a smile.

"Well, shall we see how Snowflake and the little ones are doing?"

Magnus puts the cat on the exam table. Ragnor looks at her, examining it gently, while showing Alec how to feel the kittens with his hands, showing him how to touch for the cat so he can examine but not hurt her. As Alec feels the kittens move, he smiles. Magnus can't help but notice the pure, genuine smile on Alec's lips. Finally, Ragnor says that they are halfway through the pregnancy, though he sees that everything is fine, if Magnus wants, they can look at the kittens on ultrasound. He knows how important Snowflake is to Magnus. They go into the other room and Ragnor does the scan. He starts to frown.

"There are a few more kittens here than I thought."

"Is that a problem?" asks Magnus worriedly

"Actually, it's not a problem, there are five of them, but Snowflake is small and may need some help giving birth. Don't think anything serious" he says when he sees the fright on Magnus' face.

"You can stay at home, it's probably nothing, Snowflake can manage on her own, but if she goes into labour, call me -even if it's at night- I'll come to your place, because Snowflake will be exhausted by the time she has five babies. She's got about a month before the birth. "

"Thank you Ragnor for looking after us. You know how much Snowflake means to me. She's my family." Magnus says, and that sentence somehow sticks in Alec's mind.

Finally, they put Snowflake back in the carrier and Magnus says goodbye. When he leaves, he says to Alec with a small smile on his lips:

"Nice to meet you, Alec. That's Alexander for short, isn't it? It's a beautiful name. I hope to see you again. "

Alec is unable to speak, he can only nod.