Chapter 21- Rachel

"Luke, mom's at home with dad, what about her, is she safe?"

"Your father left for a week in California this morning on business. He'll be back Sunday night. So Maryse is safe. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to meet at the coffee shop this morning. Oh, and you owe me dinner at the best restaurant, because I was going to have dinner with your mother tonight."

"Oops, sorry," said Alec, blushing.

"Important. Don't tell anyone you're leaving. You report being sick at work and at university, okay? No need to put others at risk. I'll tell Maryse the most important things. No internet and phone use in the cabin."

"I don't need internet for work, only my laptop." said Magnus

"I'll take the books and learn from them."

Come on, pack everything you need for a week. If all goes well, you can come back next Monday."

"Luke, thanks for everything. Here's the guest room, make yourself at home, do what you have to do. We'll pack." Magnus said.

"Thank you. Alec, I'll call Maryse. I'll cancel dinner tonight. Please, while you're gone, don't call her or your siblings. Okay?"

"Okay Luke, I kiss mom, please tell her and don't let her worry too much."

They packed everything up, and then Magnus started making dinner. Alec helped him. They had just sat down to eat when Luke's phone beeped.

"The email about Camille has arrived," he said. While eating, he started looking at the information. "Interesting, she has a one and a half year old daughter."

Magnus sighed out loud. "Thank God it's not from me then. Luke, I just want to kiss you, it's such a huge stone that's fallen from my heart."

"Magnus, has it been in your head that you're her father? You never said that," Alec raised his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, honey, but when I saw the baby with her, I didn't know how old she was, and yes, I was thinking what if she was mine. We broke up 3 years ago, but as sneaky as she is, I could imagine anything. I was so scared and I didn't dare tell you about my fear. I thought that if I told you, you would break up. I'm sorry, please don't be angry," said Magnus.

"Magnus, if the child had been yours, do you think I would have cared? Do you think that would make me love you any less? No. It wouldn't change anything. But you know how important honesty is to me. Please don't ever keep anything from me. We can solve any problem, but only if we do it together and are honest with each other."

"You're right honey, I'm sorry. I love you."

"I love you too Magnus. Whatever happens, it won't change that."

You guys are really cute, but I'll go on. So the baby is definitely not Magnus', because her name is Rachel Lightwood."

The fork fell out of Magnus's hand, Alec choked on his food off and started coughing. Magnus ran over, patted his back, and brought him some water.

"Feeling better Alexander?"

"Yes, thank you," Alec said between two coughs "Magnus, no way, I never do that with women...." Alec said desperately.

Luke was choking with laughter. "You boys should have seen yourselves. Sorry, but you two were funny." he said laughing.

"So if you'd let me finish, I would have continued that the documents say the father is Robert Lightwood."

"I have a step-sister?" asked Alec, surprised.

"And her mother is my ex-girlfriend? asked Magnus "A more surreal situation could not have been imagined."