Chapter 26- I am NOT a Moron!

Cierra very quickly realized that "scared stiff" was not in fact just an expression.

GLaDOS's huge, mechanical chassis swiveled to face them, her orange-yellow optic displaying amusement. Wires and white plates were all held together by beams and pipes, creating a sense of terror for anyone who had the misfortune of seeing her. Cierra, unfortunately, was the current target of her gaze. Her eyes were wide with horror, staring up at the huge mainframe with a combined sense of awe and abject terror.

GLaDOS appeared amused, but preferred not to outwardly show it. "Otherwise," She said, her optical plate almost appearing to display a smirk. "I'm afraid you're about to become the past-president of the being alive club. Ha ha."

Her humor was not appreciated by Chell nor Cierra.

"But seriously, though." Pincer-like mechanical arms descended from the ceiling, each carrying a boxed turret in their grasp. "Goodbye."

Normally, this would be a major cause for concern. In this case, however, both humans knew that these were what Wheatley had dubbed the "crap turrets"- defective and completely harmless. A few moments after they were set down outside the glass walls of their confinement, they caught fire.

"Oh, this ain't good." Said one.

"Uh... Pow! Pow pow pow!" Chided another.

In a flash, all of them exploded, sending cracks traveling up the sides.

"Oh." GLaDOS said, unfazed. "You were busy back there. Well, I suppose we could just sit in this room and glare at each other until one of us drops dead."

"Actually-"

GLaDOS cut Cierra off mid-sentence. "But I have a better idea."

One of the panels in the walls slid back, allowing a tube to enter the chamber. Chell's face flashed with alarm, but then slowly settled back into ease upon recollection of their most recent escapade.

"It's your old friend: Deadly neurotoxin." GLaDOS drawled. "If I were you I'd take a deep breath."

The tube crashed through the glass.

"And hold it."

Cierra did so, but Chell nudged her shoulder as a signal to stop. To the alarm of all three of them, the sound of neurotoxin hissing through the chamber was replaced by thumping and a familiar voice.

"Ow- Ow- Ow- Ow..." Wheatley tumbled through the tube, his optic fluttering in his socket. "Oh, hello!" He said as he tumbled into the glass confinement, destroying the glass barriers and rendering the "cage" a simple metal frame. Chell stepped outside, a smug look on her face.

GLaDOS was still a moment. "I hate you so much." She said finally, optic narrowing.

Chell used her Portal gun to pick Wheatley up, stepping around the broken glass. Cierra followed, being less careful since she had the long fall boots. GLaDOS seemed prepared to offer another cynical remark as she searched for another way to kill them, but the announcer cut her off.

"Warning!" It warned in its usual, unhurried monotone. "Central core is 80% corrupt."

"That's funny," GLaDOS said, almost chattily. "I don't feel corrupt. In fact, I feel pretty good."

"Alternate core detected." The announced said to her, as if in reply.

"Oh!" Exclaimed Wheatley. "That's me they're talking about!"

Chell's expression brightened, her eyes alight as she began formulating a plan. Cierra could practically see the wheels turning in her head, but this plan was already in action without her immediate aid.