Chapter 5- "We've got a Case!"

The room was tense as the four children sat down. They had all woken up within seconds of each other, and none of them had any idea regarding where they were or how they came to land in P.I.E’s backyard via tornado. Johnny Toast offered them all coffee, which they refused. It was only upon his insistence that they took the steaming mugs from his hands. Toast almost dropped the mug as he handed it to the first boy, because the boy’s hands were freezing cold.

        “You’re freezing,” Toast said suddenly. “Take the coffee and I’ll find you a blanket.”

        “I’m fine,” Jordan insisted, moving away. “Really. Thank you for the coffee.”

        Toast hesitated, but reluctantly backed away and sat down at the chair opposite them. “Alright. Let’s start from the beginning. What do you remember?”

        Jordan thought a moment. “Well, it was a normal night in our house. We were playing video games, and then Cierra found this old computer in our attic. I wasn’t there, but the next thing I knew it was sitting in my room. We tried to fix it, but then Isaac broke it and the screen shattered.”

        “It was an accident,” Isaac added.

        Jordan nodded quickly and continued. “Yeah. So anyway, everything was fine until this smoke started coming out of it. I tried to touch it and then this guy attacked us.”

        “What did he look like?” Asked Ghost.

        Toast coughed, as if to interrupt, but Jordan continued regardless.

        “He had dark brown hair, slightly darker than his,” He gestured to Ghost. “He had a dark blue sweater with, if that mug is correct, your logo on it.”

        Ghost glanced at Toast, who pretended not to notice.

        “It was covered in blood, only some of which were new. He had tattered jeans on, and blood red eyes. He carried a knife with him, too. He said that his name was-”

        “I know who this is,” Ghost interrupted, reclining in his seat. “Jimmy Casket, the worlds most annoying mass murderer in this dimension.”

        “Sir, perhaps I should explain,” Toast said quickly. Ghost sent a glare his way but went silent. “Jimmy Casket is a mass murderer who appeared several years ago. He comes around here often, as he is partially a ghost if our reading serve correct, but as such we... haven’t quite been able to catch him.”
“Yet,” Ghost added. It had become a goal of his to apprehend Jimmy Casket, even though he had no idea that Casket was just all in his head.

        “We’re trying,” Toast said. “He always seems to slip through our grasp at the right moment. So, all ghosts aside, more about you so we can try to get you home. Which Realm are you from?”

        “Umm...” Bethany said, confused. “‘Realm?’”

        “Y’know, like are you from The Wasteland, Skyrim, here in GMod, or what?” Ghost clarified.

        “They mean a game,” Whispered Isaac, startled. “I think we’ve been sucked into a video game universe.”

        Everyone’s eyes widened and Cierra nudged Jordan, as if asking him to come up with something.

        “Well... It’s a bit complicated.” He started. “We’re-”

        As if on cue, the phone rang, cutting Jordan off. He breathed a sigh of relief.

        “Hold that thought,” Said Toast, getting up to answer it. “Hello?” He said, picking it up.

        “Hewwo?” Said a tiny girl’s voice on the other line. “Mr. Toast? We have a swight pwobwem...”

        Toast held a hand up to the microphone and leaned back. “It’s the Acachallas again,” He said quietly before returning to the call.

        Ghost groaned and flopped onto his back, letting his head dangle off of the back of the chair. “What now?” He mumbled.

        Toast shrugged. “What is it this time, Sally?” He asked calmly.

        “Thewe’s a big lady on the fwont lawn, and she won’t leave,” Sally replied.

        “Sally, give me the phone-” An older lady’s voice joined the conversation. “Hello? P.I.E? It’s us again.” She had apparently taken the phone.

        “Hello Gertrude,” Said Toast. “I have heard that a lady is in your front lawn?”

        “Sally-Betty-Jessica again,” Gertrude confirmed. “As well as Toilet Toucher and s few large animals.”

        “Like Freddy?”

        “That’s one of their names. But they’re nothing like him; They’re tall and humanoid. There’s this fox that keeps running laps around the house and tried to get in. Acachalla shot him with his shotgun, and he got mad. The other three are just kind of sitting around. There’s a bear with a hat, a rabbit with a guitar, and a chicken with a bib. She keeps asking for food at the door.”

        “Where are they now?”

        “Sally Betty Jessica is arguing with Toilet Toucher, so they’re occupied for awhile. The chicken is talking to Sally through the window, and fox is trying to scare Billy through the back door, and Acachalla is yelling at the other two, who are trying to get into the tree house.”

        Toast sighed. “Give me a moment.” He relayed the entire story to Ghost, who slowly began to grow excited.

        “I know what to do!” Ghost said with a determined grin. “Get the laser gun!”

        “Sir, I’m afraid that that won’t be necessary,” Toast said. “First of all, none of them with the exception of Toilet Toucher has been proven hostile, and second of all is that frankly I believe that you are a bit dangerous with that thing.”

        Ghost pouted a bit before dashing upstairs. “I get a pistol though!” He called from his bedroom.

        Toast nodded and returned to the phone. “We’ll be there in a moment.”

        “Great,” Said Gertrude over the phone. “Thanks again!”

        There was a click and Toast turned around. “Well, we certainly can’t leave you here, so why don’t you four tag along?”

        The Frye siblings, who had been sitting in shock ever since the word ‘Acachalla’ was mentioned, nodded slowly.

        Ghost arrived at the bottom of the stairs, wearing his usual attire: A grey hoodie with their logo on it, dark jeans, combat boots, and a sagging belt with a pistol in a holster. “Toast,” He said with a gleam in his eye. “We’ve got a case!”