Chapter 3- Let the Games Begin

“Jordan!” A voice spoke from outside Jordan’s bedroom door.

        Jimmy’s psychotic expression faded and he cast an irritated expression at the door. Jordan flailed his arms at Jimmy, trying to get him to loosen the knife’s grip on his throat.

        Jimmy pressed the blade harder, and then let go. “Now don’t you go anywhere,” He instructed, waving his finger back and forth and dashing to the door. “I’m not done with ya yet!” A maniacal laugh accompanied his words.

        Jordan’s lungs were burning for air, as if they had been set on fire. He coughed a few times, small droplets of blood splattering the tan carpet. He fell to the floor, gasping.

        Jimmy grabbed one of Jordan’s life size plastic lightsabers and flipped it open. Wedging it in the door, he tested the handle. It didn’t budge.

        Smiling to himself, he returned to Jordan. “Now then, where were we?”

        Jordan was shaking too hard to respond.

        Jimmy maniacally laughed, cracking a crazy smile. His red eyes gleamed with bloodlust as he approached, his laughter ringing in Jordan’s ears.

        The door juggled in its hinges. “Jordan? What’s going on in there?” Cierra’s voice asked.

        Jimmy ignored the call, raising his knife. “Goodbye, Frye!” He cackled. “Hey, that rhymes.”

        Why did I make him so insane?! Jordan thought, panic racing through every inch of him. How is he here, anyway?

        Jimmy swiped the knife at Jordan, who recieved a deep gash in his arm. He yelped, ducking under Jimmy.

        Jimmy whirled, swinging the knife again. Jordan dodged, dashing for the door. Before Jimmy could react in protest, Jordan kicked the lightsaber away and swung the door open.

        “Guys! Help!” He shouted, trying to get as many words in before Jimmy could attack again. “It’s-”

        He was cut off by an arm wrapping around his neck. He gagged, flailing his arms in attempt to loosen Jimmy’s grasp. A knife was positioned across his neck.

        “Now now,” Jimmy hissed. “I told you not to misbehave, and now what did you do?”

        Bethany, Cierra and Isaac stood in the doorway, frozen in shock.

        “Who is that?!” Isaac stammered.

        “Ji-Jimmy-” Jordan choked out as Casket’s arm tightened. “Jimmy Casket-”

        “But... He’s only in the game!” Bethany argued.

        “That doesn’t matter right now!” Cierra said firmly, bursting into the room. “Let’s get him!”

        Jimmy laughed maniacally, taking steps backwards. “That’s funny! He just asked the same question!” A crazy glint entered his eye. “Speaking of games, let’s take the fight into one!”

        “Make it quick, then...” Jordan gasped, his face beginning to turn purple.

        Cierra barreled into Jimmy, sending both them and Jordan tumbling to the floor. Jordan fought for breath a moment, before shakily getting to his feet.

        “Thanks Cierra,” Jordan breathed.

        “Don’t mention it,” She replied, eying Jimmy with a death glare.

        Jimmy only laughed. “Ooh! Finally! A fight! Your brother here wasn’t very resistant. I could’ve killed him very easily!”

        Cierra glanced nervously at Jordan.

        Bethany suddenly appeared behind Jimmy, plastic lightsaber in hand. As if she was holding her mighty crowbar, she swung the lightsaber and brought it down on Jimmy’s head. It split in two, the second piece falling to the ground. A small trickle of blood from the small wound Bethany’s attack had caused dripped down Jimmy’s face, falling into his already red eyes.

        “You put up a fight too!” Jimmy said excitedly. “This will be fun.” He glanced down at the broken computer monitor. “Anyway, let’s get started!”

        Jimmy stuck his hand into the monitor and he immediately turned to smoke, the dim red glow from his eyes being the only thing left visible. “See you on the other side!” He cackled, before disappearing.

        The room suddenly began to shift, it’s edges blurring. What appeared to be blue strings of code gushed from the broken monitor, filling everyone’s vision and drowning the room in a turquoise glow.

        Jordan closed his eyes, dizziness overtaking him. Before he blacked out, one thought crossed his mind:

        That this was crazily, inarguably, and insanely real.