Chapter 14- A Brief Interlude with our Favorite Murderer

The basement was cold and dark, just as somber (if not more so) than when they had left. It was relatively abandoned, the only proof of the events prior being the missing thirteenth dimension portal, and an unconscious paranormal investigator haphazardly stuffed under the tattered couch.

The courtyard, however, was another matter entirely.

Jimmy Casket, his traditional flare for theatrics showing entirely, had turned the place into basically his own personal theater. With a bit of assistance from the various ghosts at the school(mainly a Toilet Toucher, whom he had bribed with various collections of candies), he had managed to open a one-way viewing portal to the sibling's realms. He had them set up in a circle around him, and he sat in the center. He watched their little misadventures with amusement.

Isaac, at this moment, was just making his way to the first safe zone with the assistance of his new allies. Of course, you and I have both already witnessed this, but let us assume that time fluctuates between realms.

Let's give the story the benefit of the doubt.

Jimmy Casket sat in the center of the vortexes, staring wide eyed at the portals that glowed in front of him. His eyes were not, in fact, wide with fear or surprise or anything of the sort, but wide with amusement at the chaos that he created. Ah, chaos. It was his strong suit, he found, to destroy rather than create. He reveled in the chaos, causing it everywhere he happened to step foot. It was a natural talent.

Well, a given talent, more like.

He frowned involuntarily at the thought. The siblings controlled everything, and it bothered him to some extent. Why them and not him? His extremely limited sense of common sense reasoned that it was because he was conjured into being by their own imagination, and thus their control was a given part of his equation. But of course, his effort in actually listening to the reasoning was minimal.

It's right, you know.

A voice appeared in his head. He smiled and chuckled to himself, leaning forward to let his bangs fall into his eyes. "So you've decided to talk."

The voice huffed inside his head. It's not like I could have before now.

"So the famous Johnny Ghost is stuck inside the voice in his head," Jimmy said to himself, mockingly. "Tables have turned, have they?"

Well, yeah. The voice said, seemingly bored. Not like it's my fault.

"I won," Said Jimmy, narrowing his eyes. "You've lost."

But you cheated.

"Cheating is just taking advantage of the situation," Said Casket. "And twisting it to your liking. It worked out for me in the end, right?"

The voice scoffed. You talk like this is all over. It's not the end. You know that, don't you?

Jimmy didn't seem unnerved in the slightest. "Of course it's not over."

Good. Said the voice.

There was a very long silence.

Isaac fell from the building, his foot striking a loose brick. Jimmy's face had an unreadable expression as he reached into a pile of scattered foods and pulled out a medical kit, throwing it into the portal where it landed on Isaac. It dissolved into tiny floating specks and flew onto Isaac's leg. The wound didn't change, but it defiantly helped him with the bleeding and pain.

So you do have a heart.

Jimmy scoffed. "Right."

The voice was amused. You saved him.

"Nah," Said Casket, leaning back and reaching his hand into the pile of food that he the had taken the medkit out of, where there were chocolates and, as expected, heavily sugary or caffeinated beverages and food. He found a thermos of coffee and took a sip. He'd stolen them from the cafeteria. "I'm just drawing it out. I still need to have some fun before I let this whole game end."

And is that what this is to you? The voice said, tone full of disapproval. Their lives on the line simply for the benefit of your power, a game?

Casket shrugged, toying with his knife in his hands. "That's what we're in, isn't it?"

The voice didn't respond.