Chapter 1- The Spark that Started it All

“Sally! What is- WHAT IS THAT?! Why is Freddy in the house?” A shout rang out in the house, accompanied by a chorus of laughter.

“Papa, Freddy is hungry! He needs waffles!” A high pitched, childlike voice replied, a small laugh hidden amongst the words.

“Sally, there are no velociraptors allowed in the house. If Mama Gertrude finds this mess, then- Billy!” The raspy, older voice cried out, surprise evident in its tone.

“Papa Acachalla!” Said yet another voice, seemingly about the same age as the one named Sally but definitely male. “I found a bouncy ball for Freddy! Can we all play with it?”

“No!” Shouted Papa Acachalla’s voice. “That’s not a bouncy ball!”

Normally, if you woke one morning to a sound like this, the sheer wierdness would cause you to avoid whoever was involved. But in the Frye home, such things were normal.

This was exactly what Mama Frye was thinking about as she made her coffee on that bright, Sunday morning. The window curtains were drawn, so, as was routine, Mama Frye opened them the moment she entered the dining room. The entire area was suddenly  filled with light, exposing every dark corner that had been hidden away under that dark blanket of night.

Mama Fry smiled to herself, taking a sip of her coffee. She was proud of her family, despite the odd shout that emanated from the room down the hall.

“Don’t shoot that; it’s a- AAAH That’s a NUKE!” Shouted her oldest son Jordon, as if on cue.

“Isaac, what’ve you done?” Laughed Cierra, the second oldest of the siblings, to Isaac, the youngest.

“He’s blown up the whole world!” Bethany, the second youngest, giggled.

With a shake of the head and a terse-but -genuine smile, Mama Frye swept into the kitchen and grabbed two plates piled high with bacon, ham, and eggs. She set them down in their respective places on the table, and went back to the kitchen to get the others’. Cierra and Jordan have everything, Bethany with only eggs, and Isaac with hashbrowns. She was going to have the leftovers from last night’s italian takeout because dang that was good.

Once she finished everything involving breakfast, she knocked three times on Jordan’s door, which was their universal signal to wrap up recording.

“That is all for this time!” Jordan concluded a few moments later. “Again, that you guys for all of the love and support and we will see you next time.”

A few seconds later, the door burst open with  four eager siblings racing to the dining table.

“Morning Mom!” Said Bethany cheerily through a mouthful of cheese and eggs.

“Morning Bethany,” Mama Frye replied, sitting down. “Morning everyone. How was your recording this morning?”

“Good,” Said Jordan, who was busy trying to steal Isaac's bacon.

“What’s your subscriber count so far?” She asked for the sake of conversation.

“We just hit a million!” Said Isaac, swatting Jordan’s hand away. “We did a livestream the other day- you remember, don’t you? You peeked your head in- and in the middle we hit a million!”

“Awesome!” She said, clapping. “What’s your next goal?”

“Two million, I guess.” Said Jordan, making another attempt at Isaac’s bacon.

“A bit much,” Said Mama Frye, noticing the plates that were becoming more and more absent of food. “Perhaps we’ll start with the dishes. Who’s on it?”

“Not it!”

“Not it!”

“Not me!”

“Not- Dang it.”

Isaac mumbled a bit before sliding out of his chair and trudging into the kitchen.

“I’ll help,” Said Bethany, standing up. “There are a lot of dishes since we didn’t do them last night.”

“And I’ll help with Mom’s laundry,” Said Cierra, handing her plate to Isaac. “There’s a pile of dirty clothes the size of a DALEK in the laundry room.”

“And I’ll get started on editing what was supposed to be the Waffle Portal Gun mod,” Jordan laughed. “Isaac kinda blew it up at the end.”

“It’s not HomelessGoomba without an explosion!” Isaac declared, causing ripples of laughter from the others to follow.

“Well, we’d better all get started,” Said Jordan, turning towards his room. “Because we’ve got a lot of work to do!”

~~~

Two and a half hours later, Jordan finally finished editing and was currently uploading the video to YouTube. Isaac and Bethany had finished the dishes about an hour ago and Cierra was just finishing up the laundry in Jordan’s bedroom. They were now trying to fix the broken monitor that they had found in the attic and had never bothered to clean up. There were wires sticking out of odd places, and they had made it their sole duty to fix the computer and hook it up the the recording systems in case someone wanted to record with them.

“Aaaaand done!” Jordan announced as soon as the video finished uploading. He spun around in his swivel chair a few times before asking, “Whatcha doing? Are you really going to fix that? It looks like it came from Freddy’s time period!”

“I’m pretty sure dinosaurs didn’t have computers back then,” Bethany laughed.

“And it’s not that old,” Cierra added. “It’s only about ten years old.”

“So... Close to Freddy’s time period then,” Jordan said decisively.

“Close enough,” Said Isaac, stuffing a stray wire back into the plastic shell. “Do you think it’s working yet?”

“It was working when we found it, but not very well.” Replied Cierra, closing the panel in the back. “So maybe once we hook this up to the other computers we can start using it.”

“Like this?” Isaac took the computer’s plug and connected it to the port on Jordan’s computer.

“Nononono! That’s gonna-”

Suddenly, all of the lights went out in a brilliant flash, sparks flying from the old computer and shattering the screen.

“Now you’ve done it,” Cierra snapped. “You’ve trolled electricity!”

“And my poster collection,” Added Jordan, attempting to brush off a few stray sparks that had found their way onto his Avengers poster.

The lights slowly turned on again one by one.

“You kids okay?” Mama Frye called from outside.

“Yeah, we’re fine!” Bethany replied.

“We lost power for a minute there,” She said before walking away(Like a bird).

“Thank you for that, Isaac,” Cierra laughed. “But it seems that we’re okay now.”

“Can’t say the same for the computer, though.” Said Jordan, picking up a glass shard of the broken screen.

“All that work for a broken computer,” Said Bethany. “We’d better get this cleaned up.”

“Later,” Insisted Jordan, sweeping the glass fragments into a neat pile. “Right now I am having a sudden urge to play Left 4 Dead.”

As everyone made a mad dash to their computers, no one noticed the broken computer start to smoke. No one noticed the smoke begin to thicken into a ghostly figure, and no one heard the faint whisper of “Stab, stab, stab!"