Or Maybe a Whom

The Next Day.

Chase slowly opened up his eyes, looking up to the ceiling. He groaned as he sat up, rubbing behind his head. He blinked his eyes slowly as he recollected his memory of last night. 

His tail slowly starts to wag as he hadn't noticed. He groaned as he stood up. Shaking himself awake. He opened up his pup house door, walking out as he smiled. 

He closed the door behind him. He yawned as he stretched, looking around. He looked to the Sunrise, down the horizon. He smiled as he looked to the sky painted reddish as it slowly grew with it's blue color.

He yawned once more as he looked to a pup house, next to his. The Shape of a firetruck. 

"Chase!"

He looked to his left to the entrance of the lookout. They were all walking out as they looked to him. "We woke up a little early to look for the hooded thief this morning." Marshall explained, walking to him.

"We wanted to let you sleep since you have night patrol." Ryder added as he smiled. Chase smiled back to him, as he walked with the dally over to the others. "You can take today off if you need to." Rocky suggested. 

Chase shook his head, frantic. "No No, I'm fine." He said, walking ahead of them. "I'll do just fine." He said, walking to the hill's decline. They all looked to one another, before walking  after him.

They quickly hurried, seeing he was halfway down the hill. 

"Why such in a hurry?" Marshall asked, as he caught up to him. Walking next to him. Chase looked back to him, shaking his head. " Nope, not in a hurry." Chase replied back. Looking back ahead. 

He started to trot down the hill, over to the bridge. Marshall looked back to the others, all shrugging their shoulders. Marshall looked back ahead, quickly following the shepherd down the hill. To the bridge.

"Wait up!" He called out, soon turning into a run. Chase slowed down in his pace, looking back to the others. He smiled as he watched the Dally catch up with him.

Soon they all get onto the bridge, soon, walking the same pace as each other. Talking and Chatting with one another as they walked across. Chase kept his eyes ahead of the bridge, soon, running into town.

He looked down the horizon to the sun, gone as it was in the sky. Now, painted blue with being dotted with white clouds. Beautiful as it spread around the sky. The Ocean glistened as the Sun's light beamed on to it. Reflecting off of it.

The Waves kept crashing against one another as it gave off a peaceful sound to one's listening.

They walked off the bridge, down the sidewalk with one another. Slowly into town, passing by buildings and shops as they walked down and across the sidewalks.

Muffling out their voices as they talked. Chase kept his eyes ahead, down the sidewalks as they passed by people of the town.

He deeply sighed, looking down.

"STOP THAT DOG!"

His eyes shot open as he felt wind pass by him. He quickly shot his head up, and behind him. Watching as she ran down the sidewalk. "I'm on it!" He exclaimed, running after her. They watched as the German Shepherd speed off after them, running down the sidewalk.

She took a sharp right into a alleyway, she stopped, panting as he ran in after her. He stopped, looking to her.

"Why do you keep stealing food?" He asked, looking to her, as he walked closer. She looked up to him, confused. "Because I need to eat that's why." She replied. Putting down the sandwich.

"There's more options for getting food!" He said, looking down to her. 

"How so?" She asked, crossing her arms. Chase stopped, looking around, as he thought. "Exactly." She said, picking up the sandwich once more.

"You really think that I enjoy stealing for a living?" She asked, pointing to him. "It's the complete opposite." She said, putting down her paw. She looked behind her to a latter. She walked over to it, soon, stopping.

"Thanks though." She said, looking back to it. She jumped onto a latter, attacked to a building, she climbed up, jumped to the stairwell, ran up, walked across a clothing line, jumped to the other side, climbed up some more and jumped onto the building, like she has done it multiple times.

Chase's jaw hanged open as he looked up to her on the top of the building. She pulled her hood back over, before running off. Chase looked back behind him, blinking his eyes repeatedly as he slowly started to walk back. Out of the alleyway.

"How does she do that." He muttered, walking around from out the alleyway. He walked down the sidewalk, to the others as the Dally looked to him. 

"Roof trick?" Marshall asked. Chase nodded his head, walking to his best friend. "I want to see how they do that." Marshall said, impressed. Chase nodded his head, looking back to the boy. Nodding his head as the woman walked away.

He looked down to him with a smile. He bent down, scratching behind his ear. "It's alright, we'll catch them soon." He said, looking to the others. Chase's smile slowly weakened as he nodded his head.

He looked across the street. He spotted the Cockapoo, walking out from an alleyway as she didn't have her hood. Her fur looked like it had been freshly cut as her eyes glistened. She trotted down the sidewalk with the same sandwich in her mouth.

She glanced to him, soon, a small smile grew on her face as she looked back ahead, walking around to park's entrance. She looked back to him, as her smile grew. She slowly turned around, walking thru the entrance.

Chase blinked his eyes, out of his trance. As he looked to the others, all staring to him. 

"You good." Marshall asked, looking around. "You blanked out for a second." Marshall added, looking back to the Shepherd.

"What are you looking at?" Rocky asked, looking around. 

"Or Maybe it's a WHOM." Zuma teased. Chase looked back to him, glaring. "I just blanked out, alright." He defended.

"You sure?" Rocky asked. Chase nodded his head as he looked back ahead. "I'm fine." Chase said, walking around the dally. Back ahead.