Gentle

At Night.

Chase walked down the gravel pathway, holding the black bag on his back as he looked around. "Skye." He called out softly. 

He kept looking around the park as he kept his eyes peeled for her. He held the bag closer to him as he stopped at their regular spot. He put the bag down, closing his eyes as he looked up. 

His nose started to twitch. Smelling lavender around him. His tail started to wag as a smile painted on his face. He opened up his eyes, looking down to her. She pulled her hood off her head as she smiled. Her eyes sparkled as the moon's light hit them.

He looked down to the bag, opening it up. He searched thru it, narrowing his eyes, as he took out a bandage wrap.

"Alright, take off your hood," Chase said, looking to her. Skye slowly started to get hesitant as she looked down, playing with the strings attacked to her hood. 

"Can't you just do it while it's on?" She asked. Looking up to him as she bit her lower lip. He looked back to her, shaking his head slowly. 

"Take off your hook please." He requested. Skye closed her eyes, sighing as she did. He looked to the scars along her side and down her arms. His eyes shot open as she put the hood beside her. 

"What. Happened." He asked, looking up and down to her. She shook her head, keeping her head down. "Nothing, i-it's nothing."

Chase stopped her head shaking lifting up her head to look to him. SHe looked back to him as her eyes guide down to the ground.

"This is not nothing." Chase said, letting go of her chin, pulling back slowly. " What happened." He asked, once more.

"Just bad dogs, being bad." She replied. Looking back up to him. "Can you just please patch me up." She said, pointing to her cheek. He nodded his head. Taking out a bandage as he looked down to her.

He placed it over her claw mark. He felt her soft cheek from his paw, as his nose twitched. She looked back to him, as a soft smile escaped her.

"Your not like the others." She muttered, looking to the lake.

"How so." He asked, putting down his paw. She looked back to him with her soft smile. "Your the first police dog that has been kind to me." She said, looking down. "And your gentle." She added, her smile slowly growing.

"Oh Really." He whispered. She nodded her head as she looked back up to him. "Your the first dog that has ever wanted to talk to me and like to  to." She admitted. 

"I've always wanted a friend." She said, her smile grew as she looked down to hide it.Chase smiled in return, putting the bandage down. 

"Aren't you gonna bandage the rest?" She asked, looking back up to him. 

"Face and paw are the only things I touch." He said, handing her the wrap. She rolled her eyes, taking it from him. "Your weird."

"And you a thief." He replied. She rolled her eyes once more, wrapping it around her side. "I think I know that." Skye said, looking to him as she put the bandages down. 

"And I think I know I was supposed to arrest when I saw you." Chase combacked. 

"But you didn't." Skye said, pointing to him. 

"And I still can." Chase said, looking down to her. She scoffed, handing him back the bandages. "I bet you couldn't and you wouldn't."

Chase grabbed it from her paw, putting it back into the bag. "You really became smitten of a thief." She said, pointing him. His ears perked up quick, as he looked back to her.

"I'm not smitten of you." He replied, with a glare.

"Then why haven't you arrested me. I gave you so many times." She said,crossing her arms.

"So you do want to go to the pound." He said, blinking his eyes slowly. She looked back to him, narrowing her eyes. "You are so Smitten of me." She teased, pointing to him.

"I'm not." He said, glaring back at her. She shook her head, backing away as she grabbed her hood. "Bet on it!" She said, as she put the hoodie on.

"You are so getting arrested." Chase muttered as his smile grew on his face. 

"I bet I'm not!" She replied back as she turned around, running off. Chase rolled his eyes, looking back to the bag. His nose twitched once more as his tail stood up. He looked back in front of him, it was her again.

She smiled as she walked closer. Soon, kissing his check. He looked back to her as she backed away, giggling before she ran off. 

Chase's smile grew as he looked back to the bag. His tail wagged quick as his ears were still up. 

"Gentle." He mumbled, looking to his paw.