A whole explanation

At Night. 

Chase jumped out from his parked cruiser, holding the same black duffle bag as before. He kept muttering to himself as he walked to the park's entrance. He walked onto the gravel pathway. He looked back ahead, sighing as he walked thru. Into the park. 

He walked down the pathway, hurrying as he slowly started to break into a run. His ear kept twitching more and more as he got closer and closer to where they meet. 

He stopped, before getting there as he heard voices. He looked to behind the bush, dropping the bag as his ears flapped back. He slowly started to creep up to him as he heard it more clearly. 

"I told you to get food from the bakery, did I not." He heard a male voice say. His eyes narrowed as he looked around the bush. A Dog, glaring to the Cockapoo as she kept her back to the tree.  

"Y-You know your words weren't really c-clear that time." She said, as she was visibly shaking. 

"ARE THEY NOW?!" He shouted. She flinched as she felt tears run down her face. She hesitantly nodded her head as she bit her. Chase felt the flame of anger grow more in him as he clutched his paw. 

"Get away from her." He said, walking in the light. They both looked to the Shepherd, standing tall as he glared to the dog. He scoffed as he looked back to him. 

"I'd Advise you t mind you business buddy." He said, in a snarl as he walked to the Shepherd. 

"Get away from her. Now." Chae requested, as clutched his paw tighter. The dog scoffed as he snarled back in a response. 

"I'd Advise you to leave, before things get bloody." He said, staring coldly in his eyes. Chase stood his ground as he clutched his paw tighter. 

"Your choice." The Dog said, clutching both paws into a fist. 

WHACK 

The dog opened up his eyes as he felt his jaw, he growled as he looked back to the Shepherd, now as well snarling too. 

"You want another one." Chase asked, looking up and down to him as he stepped closer to him. The dog backed away, scoffing as he walked away. Walking past the Cockapoo. 

Chase watched as he walked away, un clutching his fist. He was pushed back a few centimeters, not know why under something fluffy hit his chest. He looked down to her, hugging him as she calmed herself. 

"Thank you." She thanked, her words muffled. A smile grew on his face as he slowly hugged her back as both their tails wagged. 

"Was he the one hurting you." Chase asked in a soft whispered. She nodded her head as she nuzzled him. He softly sighed as he looked back up. As he was gone. His ears flapped back up as he looked back to her. 

"How long." He asked, softly whispered. She looked back up tp him with a smile. "A while now." She replied back in a whisper. "He won't now." She said as her eyes sparkled. 

"Thank you." She said, breaking the hug. Chase nodded his head, looking back to the bag. "I have the bandages for you." He said, helping her to it. Walking around the bench. 

He stopped, helping her up on the bench as he walked back to the bag. He picked it up as he smiled walking back to her. He jumped up next to her as he pulled out a bandage. 

She quickly removed her hoodie, looking to the lake. She felt the soft wraps hit her side, soon wrapping around it. She looked back up to him, looking down to her. 

"Did you really mean what you meant at the warehouse." Chase asked. Her smile slowly started to fade as her ears and tails dropped. "What happened." He asked. 

"Do you really want the whole story." She asked. He nodded his head as finished bandaging her, cutting of it from the rest. She looked back down to the ground, hesitant. 

Flashback...