That was 4 years ago.

The Next Day

Was on top of the world the next morning, all though he couldn't show it. His eyes sparkled bright with joy as he as smile painted on his. The pups and Ryder had taken note of this, and were all looking to one another weirdly.

'What's wrong with Chase?' Zuma mouthed. Marshall shrugged his shoulders, looking next to him, to the Shepherd. 'I have no clue.' Marshall mouthed back, looking to them.

'I hasn't seen him this happy ever since he ate his first treat.' Ryder admitted, looking to them. 'That was 4 years ago.' 

Their eyes widened, as they looked back at him.

"You alright?" 

Chase looked to them, as he tried breaking his smile. "I'm doing just fine Marsh." He replied back, looking ahead. Marshall slowly nodded his head, looking back to him.

'I don't requinze him.' Marshall mouthed.

'Me neither.' Rocky mouthed, shaking his head. 'None of use do.' 

"What got you in such a happy mood?" Marshall asked, looking back to him. Chase shook his head as he kept his eyes ahead. "Nothing Marsh." He replied, as his smile grew.

His eyes slowly drifted to the right. Across the street, as his tail started to wag. Trying to spot her, as his ears kept up.

'What the heck is wrong with this dog?!' Rocky mouthed, as he pointed to the Shepherd.

'Nothing's wrong with him, he's just happy.' Marshall mouthed, narrowing his eyes to him. 'Extra happy.' He looked back to them.

'Too happy.' They all said in sync. Marshall nodded his head.

"Chase," The Shepherd looked back to his best friend. "Is this a Happy mood, or Singing Mood?" He asked, lifting up his paw. Chase looked to both. He lifted them both up as his tail wagged. 

He looked back across the street, his tail wagging quick. 

Marshall turned back to them, his paws still up with each other. Blinking his eyes. 'I never heard him sing before.' Marshall said, shaking his head.

They all shrugged their shoulders. They all started to hear him hum to himself. 

'Fix your dog Ryder, I am not hearing a dying camel.' Rocky mouthed, backing away. Ryder looked back to him as he started to sing softly to himself.

"I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinkin' about you

Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you?

I'm in Toronto and I got this view
But I might as well be in a hotel room, yeah

It doesn't matter 'cause I'm so consumed
Spending all my nights reading texts from you

Oh, I'm good at keepin' my distance
I know that you're the feelin' I'm missing

You know that I hate to admit it
But everything means nothin' if I can't have you

I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinkin' about you

Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you?

I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinkin' about you

Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you?

I'm so sorry that my timing's off
But I can't move on if we're still gonna talk

Is it wrong for me to not want half?
I want all of you, all the strings attached

Oh, I'm good at keepin' my distance
I know that you're the feelin' I'm missing

You know that I hate to admit it
But everything means nothin' if I can't have you

I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinkin' about you

Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you?

I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinkin' about you

Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you?

I'm trying to move on
Forget you, but I hold on
Everything means nothing

Everything means nothing, babe
I'm trying to move on

Forget you, but I hold on
Everything means nothing if I can't have you, no

I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinkin' about you

Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you?

I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinkin' about you

Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you?"

Chase stopped, as he looked to the others, all awe struck. He kept his smile on as he looked back across the street, humming to himself.

'Nope. nu-uh. He got a voice of an angel, but a broken neck of a giraffe.' Rocky mouthed, getting ready to pounce at him. Zuma held his best friend back, glaring to him as well as the others.

'We are not going to hurt him.' Ryder mouthed, clenching his teeth. 'We are going to simply talk to him.' He mouthed, looking back to the Shepherd. 

Chase's eyes were caught across the street as his smile grew, and hi tail wagged quick. He watched as the Cockapoo walked down the sidewalk, walking around people as she did. 

She glanced to him as her smile grew, she short waved hello to him as she looked back ahead, her tail wagging quickly side to side. 

"Chase."

He snapped himself out of his trance, looking back to the boy. His smile still live as he looked back to them. "Are you alright." Ryder asked. Chase nodded his head in a response, as glanced across the street.

"But what are you happy about." Marshall asked. Chase looked back to the dally, trying to think of an excuse.

"That we didn't see the thief yet." He made up, a logical excuse.

"You know, I haven't actually seen them all day." Rocky said, looking around. 

"That's great really.' Zuma said, shrugging his shoulders. Chase nodded his head, going with thee excuse. 

Ryder kept his eyes on the shepherd, feeling as if there was something else.