One word

Midnight.

Rustling around the lookout, from the leaves being blown by the wind in the dark night. The Moon shinned down onto the town, making the bay sparkle with it's soft light.

The Waves kept crashing against each other far down the bay, as near the shore were calm and gentle waves. Running up the peach sand running down, making their local beach.

No one was spotted on the beachside, as it was empty to anything, and anyone there. Small parts of sand ran along the beach as the wind blew faintly. Covering up the track marks made from the people and animals who have walked along it hours ago.

Off the beach, came the road of the town. The main road that ran past sidewalks, and apartment buildings planted next to one another as some exceeded larger than others. Shops in those Apartment buildings, with beautiful interiors as well, catching people's attention.

Down the main road, past town hall, and past all the shops and stories, including central park. Was a red bridge, the same red bridge that as stood there for years. As across the bridge, the road ran up the hill. 

A hill with a building on top. Surrounded by pup houses around them. One extra as it had the exterior of a plow. As in the yard, parked a scooter. 

Along the yard, to the building called the lookout. Where the pups who held accountable of those vehicles, slept inside, peacefully and soundlessly in the living room of the building.

They were all scattered around the living room, as some snored softly to themselves, not disturbing the others.

Then, a soft wind whipped past the lookout's open doors.

The Cockapoo's ears twitched as she kept asleep, soundlessly as she curled herself in a ball, holding herself warm. 

More wind started to whip past the lookout's entrance as soft talking was heard. 

Her eyes slowly fluttered open as her ears lowered. She sat up, yawning to herself as she looked around to the sleeping others. She smiled as she stood up, looking down to herself. Her black hoodie still on as her hood was off her head.

She looked back up as she heard another whip of wind run past the lookout. Her baggy ears perked up as she looked behind her to the entrance. She looked around to the others. Still sleeping peacefully.

"Hello?" She said, softly as she lifted up her head. She turned her head to the entrance, scratching under her nose. She slowly pulled her hood over her head as she walked around the pups. Making sure not to step on any tail, ear of paw there was.

She quickly rushed around them, rolling out from the living room. She quickly jumped on her feet, puffing her chest as she adjust the hood over her head.

She looked back to the entrance, narrowing her eyes as she put one paw in front of her. She heard as the wind whipped again past the entrance on the other side. She looked to it, squinting her eyes once more as she let out a soft growl.

She slowly walked over to it, as she kept her guard up, not breaking eye contact with the entrance. Her tail stood down as her ears as well. The hood covered the light from shinning down onto her face, making it a shadow as almost her whole face wasn't visible.

She watched as a Shadow ran by the entrance. Her eyes widened as her growl stopped as well as her walking. She started to back away, fear slowly starting to fill her veins. 

She looked back to them, still sleeping soundlessly as they were scattered around the living room. She looked back ahead, grunting as she pulled her hood back over her head. She walked to the exit, retracing her steps.

She growled once more as she walked to the exit. She looked outside, to the midnight sky, with sparkling stars above. She looked back down, ahead of her to down the hill, running down the road across the bridge to the town.

She dropped her growl, as her nose twitched. She narrowed her eyes, she looked around the lookout as she lifted up her paw. She slowly reached it out for the outside of the lookout.

She stopped it, keeping it a few inches above the outside pavement ground. She shrugged her shoulders, turning around. Her paw then hit a thin line running across the exit.

Her eyes widened as she looked back ahead. 

A net

Her legs were then caught from the net, that wrapped around it. She opened up her mouth to scream, only to be pulled from the lookout. She kept clawing, reaching out to it as she was pulled quickly. 

She looked back to the net, quickly cutting it from both her feet. She tumbled far, down the pavement. She slowed down, groaning in pain.

She slowly put both paws on the ground as she felt footsteps around her. She lifted up her head to a utonagan. Black coat of fur running down it's back, running back to their tail as the tail faded white. The under belly was fur white as down it's legs were black, fading to white. It's snout black as it made it look as if it had a black mask. Running up it's face was white fur that was white around its golden eyes. Up it's head to it's pointy ears. White as well.

Her eyes widened as she watched as they smirked. She clutched her paw, as she felt more presence around her. All sorts of questions ran around her mind as she kept blinking her eyes, trying to get the words out. But the only thing she could say, or would say was-

"You."

~ The End ~

Of The first book.