Full-on Breakdown

Chase stood up, opening up the cabinet door. He opened it quietly as they both looked inside. Her eyes widened as she slowly grew a smile on her face. 

He slowly pulled it out, looking for a baggie. He carefully poured it inside, filling it to the top. He put it down, looking at the full bag. He pushed it to her, with a smile. He put the bag back inside the cabinet, closing the doors once more. 

She looked down at it, smiling. 

"Thanks, Officer." She said, picking it up. Chase nodded his head, glancing at the elevator. His eyes shot wider as he looked at her. 

Ding! 

She quickly rushed to the island, pressing her back against it as she looked up. Chase smiled shyly at the boy, walking out. He glanced to the Kitchen before looking at him completely. 

"Chase?" He called out softly. He walked over to the island in the kitchen, looking at him. "What are you doing up so late?" Ryder asked, tilting his head. 

"I. Was. Thirsty." Chase made up, looking away. 

"Do you need help?" Ryder asked, looking to the end of the Island. 

"NO. No. I-I'm fine." Chase said, shaking his head. "Everything's fine, just fine," Chase said, glancing at her. She pulled her hood off, showing she was as well in a panic. 

"Alright then," Ryder said, looking back to the elevator. 

Skye slowly started to scoot over to the end of the island, looking past the boy to sweet freedom. She quickly pulled herself back, seeing himself move. 

"W-Where you going," Chase asked, backing away from the end of the island, looking at the boy. 

"Midnight Snack." H replied, walking around to the counter pushed on the wall. He reached up for the cabinets, opening up the doors. 

Chase whipped his head to Her, panicking while holding the bag with her teeth. Chae gestured to the exit of the lookout, snapping herself out of her trance. She quickly rushed around it, running to the exit. 

Ryder narrowed his eyes to the glass doors of the cabinet, watching as a black figure ran out the lookout. He whipped his head behind him, seeing only nothing. 

She was gone. 

He looked down at the Shepherd, looking back up to him. Shrugging his shoulders. 

Morning. 

Chase groaned as he slowly sat up in his pup house. He rubbed under his eyes, yawning as he looked to the exit. He opened up the door to be hit with a warm breeze as the sun shined into his pup house. 

He smiled as he walked out, looking around. He looked behind him at the clock, smiling. 7:34 

He looked back to the other pup houses, all with open doors, all but the Dally's. He looked inside to the other pups, all sniffing around the lookout, as Ryder watched them, drinking morning tea as he also was confused. 

"Chase." 

He jumped as he looked behind him. The dally looked back at him. "The whole living room smells like lavender," Marshall said, walking by him. Chase's eyes widened, as he walked after him. 

"Really?" He asked, walking inside. Marshall nodded his head, walking to the living room. "You have the best nose, we can't follow the scent," Marshall said, pointing to the others. Chase gulped internally as he looked around. 

He as well smelt it, as his nose twitched. 

"See, I knew there was something!" Rocky said, pointing around. Marshall rolled his eyes, looking back to Chase. 

"Can you follow it?" Marshall asked. Chase hesitantly nodded his head as his head slowly drifted outside. 

"Follow the Shepherd!" Zuma exclaimed. Chase groaned softly as he walked to the outside, as the others followed. 

Chase followed his nose, hesitant as he didn't want to give her away. He walked down the hill with the others following. He kept his eyes ahead as he panicked in his head. 

'No, stop. Your a Police Dog. You're supposed to arrest the thief here.' He thought. He nodded his head internally as he looked down the sidewalk in the town. 

He watched as people walked by each other. Some stopping to talk to one another as others smiled, waving hello as they walked by each other. He looked across the street as they exit the bridge. Into the town. 

He looked to the park's entrance, the panic starting to fill him once again. He glance behind him to the others, all talking as they followed the shepherd. He looked back ahead, as he bit his lip. 

He started to scratch his nose as it kept twitching. He slowly became to a stop, looking back at them. "I lost it." He informed. 

Ryder nods his head as he walked toward him, scratching behind his ear. "It's alright." He said as he looked down at his dog. Chase smiled, nodding his head. He looked back ahead, nodding his head slowly. 

'Why did I do that.' He thought. 'You're supposed to be the police dog here.' He augured back to himself. 'I'm supposed to arrest her!' 

He rubbed his forehead as his mind racked back and forth. Ryder looked at him confused as well as the pups. 

'She's the bad guys here, your the police dog, and you're supposed to send her to the pound.' He augured in his head. He clutched his forehead tighter, as he bit his lip. 

'You not supposed to like her.' 

He stopped as his eyes widened. 

'No. No. No. No...NO. I'm not supposed to like the bad guy!' He shouted in his thought. 'I'm not supposed to like you.' 

He felt tears starting to run down his cheeks as he started to panic. He looked back to the boy, as tears flowed down his face faster. Their eyes widened as they rushed to him. Hugging him. 

"W-What's wrong?!" Ryder asked, panicked as he looked at him crying. 

'I'm not supposed to like you.'