A Heap of Trouble.

Down the Highway.

Ryder kept his pup pad open as he kept looking down at the screen. The location of his dog on it as they kept driving after the pink dot. He looked back up, clearly angry as he had processed all of what happened.

"We're almost to him," Ryder said, looking to the others.

Chase kept hitting the muzzle over his mouth, over and over trying to remove it. He groaned as he backed up away from the wall of the van.

HE looked to the dent marks he made, noticeable ones. He rolled his eyes, looking back down to the muzzle. He ran back to the wall, hitting it harder. He fell back, onto the metal ground of the vehicle. 

He shook his head, rubbing around the muzzle. He groaned as he stood back up. Looking ahead. He ran over with hard force, hitting it against the metal wall.

He felt the straps come loose as he backed away. He smiled as he grabbed the straps, soon, yanking them off with the muzzle as well. He rubbed his jaw as it hurt from the metal muzzle.

He looked back to the window, guilt soon, growing back in him.

'Why the heck did I just risk my life for her.' He thought, annoyed as he jumped up on top of some cages. He gripped her hoodie close to him. He looked out the window to see the boy and dogs, driving down the highway after him. As well as his own vehicle.

He locked eyes with the boy, as he didn't look at the least bit happy. Chase smiled apologetically smiled. He blinked his eyes as his eyes narrowed to him. Chase looked back at the others, as well mad at him.

'Pity?' He mouthed. They all shook their heads in return. 'Back away from the window.' Marshall mouthed. 

Chase nodded his head, jumping down the cages as he backed to the other wall. Holding his ears.

CRASH

He flinched as he held them tighter, feeling the sunlight glisten inside. He slowly opened up his eyes, looking to his cruiser, at the back of the van. He smiled as he walked to it, soon stopping at the edge.

He looked to the gap, slowly groaning more and more between him and his vehicle. He looked back to it, sighing as he backed up.

He pushed off the metal under his paws, jumping to his cruiser. They watched as he then landed on his stomach. Hard.

"Oooo...." They all said in sync. He grunted as he climbed into his cruiser, deeply breathing as he looked at the controls. HE took off the auto drive, now, driving with them. They watched as the van drove off ahead of them, swerving around cars.

Something then flickered.

"Skye!" He exclaimed. 

"Who the heck is Skye?" Rocky asked. Chase sucked his teeth as he looked at them. "Funny story." He said, chuckling nervously. He gulped as he looked back ahead.

"She's the black hooded Criminal." He said, hesitantly.

"She's. The WHAT NOW?!" Ryder shouted. 

"I-I'll explain later but right now we need to find her," Chase said, looking back at them. 

"No. No. This is the perfect time to talk about it." Ryder said, pointing. "What the heck have you been doing and why did she know your name?!" He asked, glaring at him. 

"Even funnier story." He replied.

"Explain." Ryder requested. 

Skye kept hitting her head on the wall of the van. Trying to calm herself, as she held her side. She looked back to the front window. The Police Chief driving down the road.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" She begged, looking back at him. He looked back in the rearview mirror at her. 

"Disrupt my town, your dead." He said, looking back at her. Her eyes widened as she looked away from him. Holding herself tighter as she looked down.

"To the pound, we go." The Chief of police said, with a smile. She rubbed under her eyes as she felt wet cold tears run down her paw as she did. She sniffed as she kept wiping them away, only for more to form. 

"I'm sorry mommy." She whispered under her breath. "I promised." She said, pulling herself closer. "I never wanted to break your promise."

Chase glanced at the hoodie, hers as he was holding it. He looked back up, as silence kept lurking around.

"You were friends with a Thief," Marshall said, slowly.

"Weird, I know! I-I never intended to!" He said, looking back to the dally.

"So what did you intend to do?!" Ryder asked, looking back at him. Chase looked back ahead down the highway. 

"I was Patrolling, then I saw her. She gave the sandwich she stole, to two younger dogs. It was for their sick mother." Chase replied. "She never wanted to steal." He said, looking back to them.

"Her mother didn't as well." Chase gripped her black hoodie tighter. "But she had to, she had to live." He said, looking back ahead. "I just wanted to help her." 

They all looked to one another, stunned.

"But that goes against ALL your standers!" Zuma said, looking back to the Shepherd.

"I know, but I just couldn't just leave her." His eyes slowly drifted to the hoodie. "I just couldn't, she needed someone." He said looking back up.

"You just said she had a mother." Marshall said, pointing to him. Chase looked back to him. 

"Had." He replied.

All their eyes widened as he looked back ahead. "She was young. It just happened." He said, closing his eyes briefly. "It's not my place to say. But she just looked hurt." Chase explained.

"She never had an actual Friend before." He said, a short smile grew on his face. "Before, None of us did." He said, looking back to them. They all used to be strays as well.

"You would of wanted someone to talk to before, wouldn't you." He asked. They all looked around to each other, soon nodding their heads.

"Wonder how she felt, a stray, and a thief, being chased around by stray catchers all day without a break." He said, looking ahead. "All I'm saying is that she just needed someone."

"We all do." He whispered.