W.V.D.H.T

Night struck.

Chase walked down the gravel road as he groaned. Rubbing his face. He stopped at their usual spot. Looking up as he closed his eyes.

Slowly, his nose started to twitch as the scent of lavender hit it. He grew a smile on his face as his tail wagged. He looked down to her, sitting in front of him as she as well smile.

"Whatcha wanna do." She asked, looking around as she was bored. 

"You know, I don't even know why I come nightly." He said, looking back to her. She looked back to him as well. 

"Cause you like hanging out with me?" She asked, a smile growing on her face.

"No. Not that." He joked, looking to the lake. Her smile dropped as she looked to the exit of the park. 

"Maybe because you have night Patrol." She said, rolling her eyes.

"That too, but I just can't put my finger on it." He said, looking back to her. She looked back to him as well confused.

"I guess I just like it here." He said, shrugging his shoulders. 

"Well I don't. It's boring." She complained. "No Excitement." She said, pointing around. 

"You see that there?" She asked, pointing to an object. He looked to it, as it was a tree, standing still.

"It's a tree!" She exclaimed. "That's a tree, that's a tree, that's a tree" She said, as she pointed to more. "And there's a lot more where that came from!" She said, looking back to him. 

"You see that!?" She asked, pulling him down by the collar. She pointed his head to a bench afar. "A bench."

"A Bench!" She exclaimed. "A bench!" She said, over dramatic much. He blinked his eyes slowly as he looked to her, pulling his head back as she pointed around. 

"There's a lot more where that came from!" She said, whipping her head back to him. He rubbed his nose, in-between his two eyes. 

"Would you like to come to the lookout again." He asked, looking back to her.

"Took you long enough to ask." She said, dropping the act. He watched as she trotted past him, keeping her hood off.

"Come on slowpoke, I don't know how to drive your vehicle, dog house thingy." She said, looking back to him.

He blinked his eyes slowly as he stood up, walking after her. She smiled looking back ahead. He rolled his eyes as he as well, grew a smile on his face.

They both walked out the central park. He jumped up in the driver's seat as she was already in the passenger seat. He started it up, looking ahead. 

"How did my life get to this." He asked himself. He slowly turned the vehicle around, pointing to the bridge. Skye watched as it drove down the road, thru the town to the bridge.

She smiled as she looked back ahead, her eyes closed as her head pointed up. 

"You know the last time I rode in here, you thought I was dying." She said, opening up her eyes to look to him. He looked back ahead, rolling his eyes. 

"You know its true." She teased, looking back to him.

"You know it's true that I can easily hand you over to the police." Chase comebacked, looking back to her. She looked back to him, stunned by his comment. 

"You know it's true." He said, a devious smile on his face. She rolled her eyes, folding her arms as they drove across the bridge, to the hill.

"You know it's true how you are taking me into your place, even though you know that I, the Thief, am supposed to not go into the enemy's territory." She comebacked his come back. He looked back to her, trying to get an excuse as he became hesitant.

"Gotcha there." She said, unfolding her arms he drove into his slot. They both jumped out as they watched the vehicle turn into his pup house.

"This is a W.V.D.H.T." She said, pointing to it. Chase looked back to her, confused. She looked back to him with a smile. "Weird Vehicle, Dog house Thingy." She clarified. He blinked his eyes as he looked away, confused. 

"Your not even supposed to be here." Chase said, looking back to her. 

"But I am, am I not." She asked, asking. "Uh-Huh. Yeah, you drove me here, and you can't say nothing," She squeaked. "So hah! I win this one, Officer." She said, walking up to him. She poked his tag as she glared to him.

He rolled his eyes, looking back down to her.

"Whatever Thief." He said replied.

"Chase?"

They both whipped their heads to the lookout. The Dally's voice. Chase opened up his pup house door, pushing her in before closing it behind her as he looked back to the lookout.

"He has fast reaction time." Skye said, shrugging her shoulders. 

"Hey Marsh!" He greeted as he walked to the lookout's entrance. He walked inside, looking to the living room, as the dally was sitting down, looking back to him. 

"Why are you up so late?" Chase asked, sitting down as he looked back to the Dally.

"Well, I was waiting for you to come back, but then I heard voices." Marshall said, walking around the couch. "And it didn't sound like you were talking to yourself." Marshall said, stopping as he glared to him. 

Chase shook his head, looking back to his pup house, parked near the entrance. "Nope, I was talking with myself." He replied, looking back to him. Marshall nodded his head, walking past him.

"Alright then." Marshall said, stopping at the entrance. He gestured the Shepherd to get to his pup house.

Chase stood up, walking after him. He walked to his pup house with the dally, as he was parked next to him.

"Night Chase." Marshall said, walking into his pup house. Chase nodded his head, looking to the door closing. 

He quickly whipped his head to his, opening up the door. He looked to the Cockapoo, laying down as she looked up.

She looked back to him as her hood was like a cushion to her. She smiled as she stood up. 'You need to leave,' Chase mouthed. She nodded her head, walking out of his pup house, past him.

She pulled her hood over her head as she smiled. She looked back to him shortly waving goodbye before turning to the decline of the hill, running down, and soon disappearing in to the shadows of the dark night.