Chapter 3

There it was, the most awaited email. In front of it sat Tara unsure how to feel about it.

She had managed to get an interview after months of hardwork but not only did her husband had made it clear that she wouldn't work but the interview had been arranged on her wedding day.

She scoffed at the irony, at the cruel fate of life that probably laughed viciously on Tara.

I shouldn't have hoped

It had been 3 days since she had met the nameless man. Her bags had been packed by her dutiful maids, her father busy in the wedding preparations due in two days.

All she was told to do was sit in her room and look pretty as maids took care of her. She was convinced no matter what beauticians tried to do, they'd never even come closer to make her stand-able next to him. He was out of this world. His curly stiff hair, sharp gaze and chiseled tall physique was made for a women entirely different than her. Even if she was to convince him to let her work, seduction was out of the question.

Not only was she completely devoid of the experience but he must had seen far better than to be falling for her.
She closed the laptop with a sigh.
There is no way
Although both interview and job was online, she knew the answer would be anything but yes.
Is there really no way?
She took a deep breathe and thought it through.

To be able to convince him, she had to meet him, they had to talk, how? 

That... she did not know.

Her head throbbed in pain, she refused to accept her fate - the bitter truth that this is what her life was going to be, devoid of joy and goal. She rested her head on the table with thud, closing her eyes, unable to control the turmoil of her flooding emotions.

When the pulse became too much, she clutched her hair in frustration, pulling them to relieve the pain. Her orbs brimmed with tears, worried for her foreseeable future. 

The more she thought, severely it hurt. 

Amid her inner battle with grief, hatred, tears and exasperation, she heard the melodic tune of her favourite composition, it played like a salve on her burning uproar, silencing the clamour within, for a second. 

It took her seconds to realise that her phone was ringing with Beethoven's mellifluous Fur Elise. It was unusual, no one had her number except for her father and she was sure her father wouldn't ever call at this hour. Who could be calli-

It's him

It dawned a little too fast, a little more intensely.
Her mouth went dry.
She knew the caller even before she reached for her cell. Her heart beat escalated wildly before she picked it up, letting it touch her ear. The hair near her ear stood in anticipation, expecting his voice to echo through her senses any moment now, but all she heard was silence.

She strained her ears to pick up any speck of noise and then she heard it...his sharp inhale. 

He couldn't believe he had made decisions at this rate. Sure he had to nail the deal with Indians at any cost, but never had he thought the old man would ask for a hand in his daughter's marriage for signing the contract. 

He had agreed in less than a minute, knowing how with Indian or not, his marriage was anyways going to be part of the deal. He was too presumptuous to waste the privilege of marriage for love, especially if he could use it for gains in important matters. 

Meeting was only supposed to be a trivial formality, unimportant and useless. He had already formed assumptions. Born rich, no mother, single daughter, zero friends, ofcourse she had to be a cherished spoilt princess in the typical loaded palace.