Chapter 27

She paced back and forth biting her nails. The night had dawned upon Paris. Still in her wet clothes she didn't notice when her body started shivering from cold, the only thought that pierced back and forth through her senses was what if Donavan didn't come? What if he never saw her message or worse what if he ignored the text altogether because he had more important things to do?

It unsettled her, it was even more unsettling that for once she saught his attention. She had never imagined the day and yet it knocked on her fate, crushing the core foundation of her sheer hatred for the man. She tried to take deep breaths but the hollowness inside her chest grew with time.

The simple imagination of being under Dominic disgusted and downright nauseated her. Only when her breathe started getting caught up in her throat did she decided to open the curtains and push her head outside the window. The sudden cold air hit her senses like a snow ball on a sunny day. She breathed, Inhaling the scent of the city for the first time, realizing how she had failed to notice the twinkling tower that majestically stood far outside the window, giving a beautiful view of itself and its city. The more she watched it the faster it striked her how Donavan had been wanting her, from his slipping control to have her before marriage to spanking her for not replying him, to come finding her down to the kitchen to assigning bodyguards for she didn't feel safe, he had been far too attracted to her than she had anticipated. If he happens to ignore the message she had sent him while keeping a heavy weight on her heart, it had all been for nothing, his infatuation was all but infatuation but she knew it wasnt.
He has to come.
No matter how complicated their give and take of emotions had been, he wanted her and the tiniest spark of attention that she had just given away from her text was enough to ignite inferno between them. The more she thought about it, the more it made sense. If anything he was on his way and she was wasting her time by standing in wet clothes, watching eiffel tower.
She immediately closed the window, thinking it through.
Would he really come?
She asked herself looking at her reflection in the window. Whatever might be his course of action, she had to be ready. She couldn't be looking like a mess when and if he decided to bless the room with his presence.
He needs to know coming back was worth it.
She started drying herself, looking inside her suitcase for a red exquisite Saari that Sia had forcefully packed inside her back. Once found she didn't waste a second, before dressing herself. Never had she put so much efforts on the way she looked as much as she did to be the eye pleaser. Even in her times of dressing up she hoped it wouldn't all be a sham, that she hadn't miserablly failed in misjudging her own husband.

Applying a red lipstick, she made sure her hair didn't fall out of her somewhat respresentable bun. Make up hadn't exactly been her Forte but she had tried her best. Putting a heavy earring in her right ear she sighed, eying a pretty woman, staring at someone who never wanted to dress up to please a man. Just as she started doubting her choices as she had for the hundred times in the past hour she stilled at the creeking of door afraid of finding anyone but Donavan. She didn't turn from watching her reflection to the man. She eyed herself, scared of looking at him, so deeply praying for it not to be Dominic. She was sure to die tonight of panick attack if it was Dominic, she'd never be the same.

The man hadn't expected her to be dressed, the way she was. He eyed her from distance, slowly striding in her direction watching her head to toe all the while she watched herself in the giant mirror near the window. The room was lit golden only from the single big of light above the mirror enough for her to dress herself.
She tightly fisted her saari with her sweaty palms gathering tears in her dark orbs that watched themselves in the mirror. Her neck as if stiffened wasn't ready to look his way until he reached behind her.

She watched as his reflection skidded in the mirror behind her. Donavan watched her too, through a mirror that was second away from cracking at the tension between them, from the depth of valley that became suddently unthreatning at the abruptly formed bridge and everything fell apart when she smiled, for once for him. Her selfish part of the brain finally sighed at the release of stress, thanking eternity for delaying her demise with dominic atleast for a day.

His face remained blank, watching the lines of her face stretching, not to cry this time but something else, something that he hadnt expected to see, at least never in front of him, for him.

He had seen her text the next moment it had reached his device. It had been a single word.

Yes

Above it was the message he had sent her last time, tauntingly asking her if she had missed him. Out of everything he had predicted in his life receiving 'yes' in any given time frame from her was never on the list. He was angry at himself for being excited to see her as soon as he could. It was clear she called out to him and he wondered why, why would she ever be wild enough to text him so simply yet blatantly? He had to see it for himself and when he did there was no regret. She looked ravishing, ready to be his everything for the night.

"I was in a meeting" he said, not letting even a glimpse of emotion slip his face. Coming closer to her back, watching the skin that her backless blouse exposed, his knuckles softly skimmed across it, feeling the goosebumps that arose on its wake.

He smirked as he saw her smile fading at the realization of him not being any less monsterous. It slammed her senses how Donavan wasn't the true escape of her living hell but merely a disaster that she had gotten used to, a nighmare she preferred living over other disasters that could occur.
She shivered as he leaned in her right ear looking into her soul through mirror,
"An important meeting." Softly kissing below her ear he continued,
"I had to leave everything on the desk just so I could-" she gasped as he held the exposed skin of her waist and pulled her closer with a jerk.
"Fuck my wife"
.
.
.
Authors note: have you guys noticed... I haven't really described the characters. As in, I haven't told their ages, or height, or their exact skin colours..many typical wattpad books do that... I tend to keep some freedom for your imagination. Yeah..noice.....hmmm...