Chapter 32

Frantino mansion had a history of decades, the one that witnessed blood and gore, days of celebrations and weeks of massacre. But it always kept its secrets.
They remained buried deep within the cracks of unattended walls and whispers of ghosts of ancients.

Mansion's intricate infrastructure had received hands of best architects of the time. Antics of frantino mansion were worth millions, the hung paintings couldnt even be began to be valued in dollars. Painstaking golden chandeliers adored every hallway, urging every eye to look over the ceiling. Sculptures from as history could go so behind, stood in deadly silence, ghastly watching every generation of frantinos live and die.

With the emergence of Donavan as the new don, nothing had particularly changed except for his will to make the building somewhat aesthetic from its current Gothic exterior. His suite was closely reinfrastructured, allowing more light than it did before, adding the effect of mirrors. The suit's washroom that frightenely reverberated the asylum like darkness, now looked vibrant with sunlight. Its prior lack of window interior, now had a window for a wall.

Facing the bathtub stood the tinted transperant glass, portraying the whole Paris in a glance.

He had never paid attention to the magnificent view while laying back in the tub but now as he relaxed with the beautiful women in his arms, he appreciated the luxury.

Inhaling in satisfaction, he felt content with his marriage. The woman was something else. He held her hand in his, inspecting the dips and furrows of her delicate veins.

How could something so insignificant be so pleasing?

The churning thought never seemed to have an end. Tara's mystery only seemed to get deeper everyday. She had had him, captured him in her eyes and locked him in forever.

Not forever

He snickered to himself. Denying every possibility of him having to accept her as his forever. That was impossible. Smashing through his thoughts, he noticed her opening her mouth before immediately closing.

"What?" He asked, ending her battle with hesitancy, still inspecting her hand like a long lost antique.

"When was the last time you took a break?"

She wasn't sure of herself. Even when she lied in the bubbly bath with him, time was slipping.

Soon he would want to go out...and I'd be left alone, what if dominic comes ba...no.

She stopped the line of thought. Not going down the lane of dreadful possibilities that did nothing but made her nauseous.

The question was surprising. He hardly believed she would ever be a true mafia woman. The way her questions blatantly shattered his expectations, she was sure to get in trouble one day.

"Never" he admitted remembering another meeting he was supposed to be in thirty minutes. His world never allowed him breaks. Even though he was revered to be the don in underworld and a renowed businessman for the people he had hardly ever gifted himself privilege of a vacation. He believed the breaks were for laymen who did nine to five job. The industry he worked in couldn't be led by someone who took breaks.

Certainly not someone who leaves meeting for sex.

He taunted himself, judging his own immaturity.

But did he regret it? Absolutely not. He would make the same mistake again and again if it meant coming back to her. As much as of a teenager he had become for her, he still couldn't control his urges. His fascination for her was undeniable. And for the time being he kept it that way. Not denying himself the pleasure of a wife he had so hard earned.

She turned her head to look back at him, shocked.
"Never?" She whispered , not believing him.
"Never" he confirmed, watching the curve of her lips, oddly finding it similar to the flower he had adored as a child.

"You deserve one" she muttered, turning her head back to the eiffel tower that stood tall among the bustling city.

"Is that so?" He asked more to himself than her. Imagining some time alone with her was anything but unpleasant. Considering something that came from wives wasn't particularly frantino's habit and yet Donavan considered it.

After all the years that he had breathlessly worked to build his empire, he had earned no personal gains. For the sake of his family's name he had worked day and night, selflessly for the company, for the Familia, for the name. Even after owning the millions of dollars he hardly remembered ever spending it on his own relaxation.

He remained silent. Getting out of the tub, he made his way to closet, leaving Tara all alone wondering whether her words had successfully planted the idea.

.
.
A/N: I wrote 500 words first and they somehow got deleted, yeah I had to rewrite the whole part again. Also sorry for short chapter...I am dealing with a break up and academic complications. I know you'd understand. Love love ❤️