Chapter 16

Just as he had promised, she felt protected in his absence. He was gone the morning she woke, but the two guards at the door of their bedroom constanly kept track of her movements.
The freedom from her husband was merely an illusion as the guards replaced his place with equal or rather more amount of discomfort and intimidation. They were attentive in that they would keep their distance from her at all times and yet ensure she ate well, slept on time and didn't come in the vicinity of Dominic frantino.
Just as she had expected, his intentions weren't as holy as his innocent smile. Their little coincidental eye contacts around the garden and kitchen would always make her squirm under his gaze.  He'd eye her guards up and down and decide against bothering her. She wondered how long this would go around, she couldn't always roam with body guards, would Dominic then become a threat to her?, would he be so crudely stupid of his intentions to cross the don?
It was unlikely. She couldn't help but question where had he gathered so much confidence to be so blatantly clear this way? The way his eyes, even in the privacy of few seconds traveled on her body was both determined and foolish. Either he was no-arguments stupid or unusually smart...how... she didn't know, but clearly even in the few days of accompanying the man, she had learned his position. He was no doubt any less worthy than being a don. It had been his poor luck that he was born couple years later than Donavan. She wondered how they both grew up together, how they stood in front of each other as if they didn't have tensed strings of relations keeping them together. This wasn't new in mafia families though, cold wars in brothers was a thing that rusted family's integrity from inside. It started with nothing but grew to bring a horrible demise. She only hoped she wasn't the one on losing team.

She had been cooking everyday since he was gone. She wasn't able to find much time, but whenever she did, she prepared something extra spicy to suffice her intense cravings.
She was getting accustomed to a flexible routine that included gulping birth control pills, cooking, thinking, working, and sleeping.
Her routine never excluded shadows of the strong guards that followed her like creepy stalkers. She had tried but they were adamant in neither revealing their names or making any conversations. It had been five days since she had talked with humans other than her boss, not that she was complaining. Making connections with anyone in the mafia was way worse than staying alone all life. She was thankful for the peaceful mornings with her tea in the window and moonful nights by the bed. Everything had been perfect.
She had pushed her husband back in her memories as if he never existed there. On one day she had received a "miss me?" Text from her husband that she had happily complied to swipe left like a spam notification. Life had been good.
When sun glistened brightly on her face did her eyelids open from morning sunshine. The first thing she thought was the night before when she clearly remembered closing the curtains from how cold the room was.
Then why are they open?
Her body quickly jerked in sitting position,  suspiciously staring at the open window, refreshing her memory.

"Surprise" His voice stiffened her.

Afraid to see her worst nightmare her gaze followed the direction of the bathroom door, too bad there he stood. A towel was losely wrapped around his torso as water dripped from the sharp edges of his chiseled muscles. His wet hair shined cheerily.
Her disheveled state from careless sleeping habits had created a disordered nest on top of her head. It comically complemented her shocked state of open jaw. His single smirk was all it took for her to close her mouth and gulp nervously.
Why is he here so early. It isn't a week yet.
It was too late for that though, he was already here.
His presence was immensely disturbing. Not only did it make her feel vulnerable and worthless but downright scared.
"I thought you'd be happy" he mused stepping closer to her.
She didn't move from her stiffened position on bed, she couldn't. She flinched when his tone suddenly changed from amusing to mocking.
"You don't look happy"
He stood in front of her, watching down. When he bent down to her level did she realise she should do something. Her feeble attempt of backing down  rendered unproductive when she was picked up like a bride. Her clothes became slightly drenched from his still wet body. Before she could comprehend what was happening he was sitting on the edge of bed with her bent down on his thighs. Her face dipped in bed. When she turned to look back at was he was doing she helplessly watched as he tore her shorts. He pulled down her panties before getting rid of them too. She used her hands to lift her body off him as a single vicious slap on her bottom halted all her movements.
"Stay. Fucking. Still"
It wasn't what he said. It was the way he said it, the power with which his voice echoed in the corners of her body, that told that he was angry. Why...she was yet to find out. But whoever seemed to be the culprit she was about to become a victim.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Very stupid author's note: So I noticed...the reads that we're getting are not new reads. INSTEAD the people who started reading first chapter are continuing to read the upcoming chapters therefore increasing the reads...that's....very flattering.

That means you're keeping up and not giving up on the book after 1st or 2nd chapter or so.

HAPPY READING!