Chapter 53

This chapter is dedicated for the very great AranikaRoychowdhury

Following HAS to be my fav comment by her.

Context from chapter 6:

Her comment:

..............

"Don't love me"

She was too overwhelmed to keep watching his emotional countenance. It became difficult every minute to hate him when he retracted every speck of sentiment  from his empty heart. As much as she had seen it coming, she had never imagined Donavan to be this forthrightly confessing his love. He didn't look like a man who would knit his words into a rose before putting it in her hair. The hopeless romantic he had turn out to be foiled with the man she had imagined, the one would rather keep reflecting it in his futile gestures than ever saying it. He had caught her in the most vulnerable moment, she couldn't deny the flood of emotions, the truthfulness in his eyes. 

She was nonplussed when his eyes watched her with adoration, not lust, not irritation, not malic. And out of everything he had foisted upon, she could not bare being adored. 

As she tried to distance herself he couldn't help pull her closer, unaware of her surging battle within.

"Why" He couldn't cloak the hurt as it slid in his eyes. 

"You'll regret it"  She mumbled through her shuddering breathe, matching his gaze, knowing that she wasn't wrong. It was just a matter of time before  he would repent himself for ever having ardent thoughts for her. She knew she was a poison, incapable of love. 

"I'd love you nonetheless" he whispered, too drowned in love to be seeing through her. 

"No..." she pressed her hands on his chest, striving to get her feelings across his skin, the stream of tears unhelpful,

"You wont, you don't know me" Her tone inclined in hopes that he'd understand, taking off the mask of blinding love before thinking his emotions through. She tried to shrug off his hold, already wanting to leave the jammed place.