Chapter 34

It had been the most peaceful week of her life.

Locked away in the far woods dwelled another frantino mansion. Not knowing exactly where they were Tara kept her curiosity to herself. It was evening by the time they reached. Absolutely bereft of people and concrete whatsoever, Tara watched the mountains from the terrace of the only bedroom of the cozy house. Majestic as expected there was nothing else she wished from life. Mountains, wind and sun.

She breathed the fresh air as it insultingly thrashed her hair around. She didn't care. Taken with the thrown around coloures of the sky and the beautifully setting sun, Tara was mesmerized. It was her meditation to stand in open spaces and appreciate the sun and nature, to listen to the wild thrash of wind as it scraped her ears.

Forgetting her existence for a moment, noticing her breathe as it blew by, feeling a strand of her hair that stuck in her lip and the bat of her eyelashes that made her lose the sensation of vision only for a brief second. She felt his hands as they gathered her hair in his, keeping them from disturbing her face, her eyes, her lips. He watched her as she watched it, unconscious to his presence. A subtle peaceful smile pressed inside her cheeks, admiring the time as it slipped ever so slowly for her pleasure and for once it was worth it.

He wondered whether she indeed was what he missed from life, whether she truly was his forever. If he was confronted with the question that moment he'd have been speechless, watching her was an odd pleasure he couldn't imagine replacing.

He watched her for a little longer till the dimple on her right cheek slowly settled inside, till the sun set behind the mountains lightening the part of the world that wasnt their for a while, till she was pulled back into reality, into his arms.

The moment she became aware of his eyes she glanced back, grateful for the privacy he had given her for while.
"Thankyou" she mumbled, suddenly looking down, feeling shy now that she realized how romantic the night had become.
"Its okay" he mumbled, unable to stop staring her down. His lips twitched to kiss hers, but if he kissed her he couldn't see her, if he watched her he couldn't kiss.
Lost in the turmoil of his own twisted desires, he decided to simply hold her hand and pull her inside.
He hadn't realized that he would ever be capable of appreciating smaller things in life. That he would ever find a woman cooking and minding her own business attractive. 
The seven days were the days of his life,  the life he had so taken for granted, the one that he thought was made for bigger things, not the kind of things he enjoyed in her presence.

He still worked, having brought his remote work apparatus, he'd set it on the table and drown in screen. She'd bring cut fruits and coffee and sit next, sometimes watching him do his work other times watching him. She became a distraction he didnt mind getting distracted from. At some point, he'd hover over her, kiss her, nick her, fuck her. He started speculating whether his fucking was morphing into making love, the idea would quicken his pulse, warning him of the repercussions. He learnt to push them back, living the moment for as long as could.

They had minimalistic conversations. The only time Tara would speak in the incomprehensible noise was in their bed, moaning. She'd find herself doing that just anytime of the day. His drive was maddening. He'd get hard just by the thought of her being under the same roof as him. They had covered the house's every corner with their own kind of memories, devoid of words.

It wasn't entirely true that they didn't speak to one another. She'd stand at the edge of terrace sipping her tea, watching sun set and he would join, watching her instead. He wondered whether she was what sun was for her. Something that was attractive from distance, made to be admired within space.

He had forgotten long while ago that he wasn't a man who didn't cuddle, who didn't near a woman after sex. He would wake abruptly from his sleep when she'd slip out from his touch, to relieve herself in the bathroom. His tightened hold after her coming back was evident of his fear to let her go.

After couple of days, he had shifted his work platform in bed with her. She'd watch his screen unable to understand anything. After a point she'd point her finger at a transaction and he would brief her about what it was for. Sometimes he would simply shrug her off, saying "none of your business", she'd give a brief glance of disappointment, but keep quiet nonetheless.

If nothing at all, she had at least gained some audacity. She was unconsciously unpacking her defying capabilities, showing them off once in a while. In the rare virtual calls that he would attend, she would listen to everyone speaking. Her utter lack of Italian though evident she'd give close attention to the tones of people. After the call it was a ritual for her to throw a rude comment about voices of one of the attendees. He'd try to ignore her, but couldn't feel less amused at her attempt to assert her opinion, no matter how stupid.

At the end of the day, he would have to eat Indian food she prepared. He did miss the cuisine his chefs so thoughtfully served him everyday but for the brief time being, he didn't complain. Although she appeared to be unaffected by the spicy flavours of her curry, his tongue would uncomfortably redden.

She never noticed his glare when it came daggering down on her, snickering silently at the burning amount of spices. It was only in the bed she'd realize that she must have done something wrong for him to be this rough with her. Nonetheless, it'd be too late for that.

After a week of their private getaway they traveled back into Paris. She strangely missed the privacy of the house in the woods.

The main purpose of the trip was somewhat accomplished, she had thought her plan through. Having gained enough time in silence, she had sifted through limitless possibilities to finally come up with no any less dangerous plan.
Dominic situation was now only a matter of time away from becoming nothing but a long forgotten issue. When the gates of frantino mansion opened with their rich squeak, Tara took a long breathe, readying herself for the consequences.
.
.
.
.
A/N: relationship advice, don't be in one. And guys are stupid. Good as humans bad as boyfriends. Very bad.