Chapter 21

The first thing Tara woke up to was pain. She was surprised her body even allowed her the privilege of sleep. She was convinced the constant stinging won't stop all night nor would it get better.

Her feminine parts throbbed violenly at the remembrance of last night. An eyeful tear quickly trickled down her eyes even before she opened it. Slowly when her eyelids opened , she was greeted with the beast of her nightmares . He eloquently sat at the corner club chair. His intertwined legs rested on the table in front as his eyes sincerely watched tabloid in his hands. Another tear trickled through the creek of her nose leaving the enmity on its wake. Her fist tightened around itself to contain the scream that scratched her insides. His simple act of sitting back and relaxing said so much for how much he cared after using her body like a rag doll.

Infuriation was an insultingly small word.

She reminded herself to not expect anything of him for she knew he didn't owe her anything. If any at all, at the end of the day the limb that stayed to hold her hand was of herself.

She took a deep breathe to calm herself coaxing her temper down. As slowly as she could, she picked up her weight, hissing when any of the sore muscle twitched at the sudden movement. The throbbing in between her legs had found the heartbeat of itself, it beat vigorously each moment, more painful than the one before.

All the while when she carried her weight limping her way into bathroom he didn't care to as much as peek her way. She was thankful for his ignorance. If he decided to pay her attention now, she was as good as dead.

She took her sweet time in cleaning herself. Not applying pressure to her already sensitive flesh. Not daring to once glance in the mirror, knowing how horribly he had marked her like his territory. She quickly put on a loose dress before coming out. Weak in her knees and waist and shoulders, she yet again limped out the room finding him in a different spot now. He had occupied desk where she sat everyday for her work. His long fingers typed while his eyes remained glued to the screen. He yet again didn't mind giving her the speck of his attention .
She gulped at his presence. It was in her routine to take her pill now and with him in the room she couldn't. She quickly went over calculations of her ovulation period and if she wasn't wrong, last night could have been successful in fertilization. Her breathe hitched at the thought. The convoluted idea of a growing child inside her warmed her ears, taking the heat to her core.
A newly formed sweat tingled her forehead.
If I don't take the pill today...
The mere thought made her legs shake in fear.
I have to have it.
Having his attention somewhere else, there was the tiniest possibility he wouldn't notice. She made her way to the dressing table, making sure she didn't look like someone with suspicious intentions. Briskly opening the drawer she eyed the bottle in the corner that had and was supposed to save her womb from a child for a while. Without making a noise, she slid her hand inside the drawer. Turning the lid open, her palm welcomed the soft exterior of the pill as it descended in the creeks of her hand. Giving the final look his way that didn't acknowledge her presence, She popped it inside her mouth without wasting another second.
Gulping the bitter taste down she sighed at the complete task. Now with the somewhat relaxed state her mind yet again pondered upon the pain, bringing her attention back in between her legs that continously and not surprisingly inflamed.
She noticed how the bed was made and breakfast was set for her. Ofcourse Sia took her job seriously.
Knowing fully well the beast wouldn't have waited for her to eat, she sat back on bed before munching on her bread. To stop herself from constanly biting on her pain, she scrolled  through her emails to look for anything she hadn't already seen before. Seeing a new project lining up she internally smiled. For any other employee more work would have been a bad news but for someone who looked upto it as the only escape it was a blessing.
After finishing the breakfast she slowly arranged the laptop on her lap shrillimg when it's surface hit where it hurt.
Entranced in reading the recently released papers she sighed as she put aside her body's constant demand of pain relief and brain's rustling through last night's torture that she knew would bring nothing good on the table, she relaxed back.

She was allowed a fairly comfortable day. She was surprised she could breathe normally while he stayed in the same room. In the afternoon he left when a call arrived.
With a single incomprehensible glance her way he left without a word.
She slept most of the day. Leaving room was out of the question, she couldn't walk without investing a dedicated amount of time. When she couldn't sleep no more, she read, about newly discovered molecules, their founder scientists, their pharmacological actions, building her literature. When she filled thirty pages with her notes did she decided to call it a day.
Hoping her husband wouldn't show up like many nights she readjusted herself in a sleeping position. To fill the gap in between her thoughts, soreness made an appearance reminding her to take care of the parts that throbbed the most. Even though Sia had offered pain killers for her distressed mistress, Tara denied them politely, training her body to get used to it. Learning mechanisms of painkillers didn't help either. She knew very well how painkillers worked against the natural body reactions, something that she loathed about certain medicines. Except for the birth control pills that she faithfully administered for her own sake, she denied other drugs that could manipulate her body.
She smiled greviously at the irony.
She could only wish to have control over who got to manipulate her body, only wish.

She closed her eyes thinking he wouldn't show up and that night was finally over.

Before her phone chimed.
.
.
.
.
Author's note: I should be more regular right? I just don't find time now a days. Also did we just cross 2k reads? I am going to tell my boyfriend that I have a book (he has no idea that I am writing) when I get 10k reads. Idk why I am telling you guys this...but yayyy thankyou all.