Chapter 8

I'm so tired right now! Me and Dre are sitting in the hospital. He's in so much pain. Destiny got shot. I feel so bad for him. His babymama, her sister, her mama, his brother, and Big Mama is here. I was expecting his babymama to like stare me down, but she didn't. She was just crying. I didn't even know Destiny like that and I started to cry. I hate hospitals. The smells make me want to die.

I have on some gray sweatpants, blue tank top, some of Dre's Nike slides and Dre's varsity jacket. I look cute, but this isn't about me. It's about baby Destiny.

"The family of Destiny Carter" a doctor said. We all stood up.

" We were able to remove the bullet out if her, she lost a lot of blood, she's not really breathing on her own yet, but you guys can go see her."

We all walked in. Her being in that hospital bed made me sick. It was like a movie. Dre and his babymama was talking to her. Her eyes were still closed. She moved a little, but not that much. I sat in the chair and eventually fell asleep.

The Next Day....

I woke up in Dre's bed, but he wasn't in here. I walked downstairs to see big mama cooking.

Me : Good morning Big Mama.

Big Mama : Good morning baby.

Me : Where is Dre and how did I get here?

Big mama : Dre is at the hospital still and he carried you to my car

Me : Oh

Bm : I cooked us some breakfast,

Me : Thanks.

She gave me a plate full of pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausages, and toast. I sat it at the table and brought me a glass of orange juice. She brought her food and drank and sat across from me.

Big mama : so tell me about you cause you not like these other girls running through my house!

Me : We'll I'm 16, I'm born and raised in Bankhead. I have a brother, a sister and a niece. I play basketball. One day I want to be in the wnba or a doctor. I work at Champs, and I don't know what else to say.

Big mama : Interesting, you have a bright future ahead of you.

Me : Thanks

Big mama : You know what my baby does right?

Me : Yea I'm aware!

Big mama : Good,

I ate my food.I looked at the clock. It was 9:00. I forgot I had work today.

Me : Dang, I forgot I had work today! Big Mama can you drop me off at home?

Big mama : child please! Better take one of them cars. I got my purse Dre's keys and took his camaro.

When I made it home Riri and Candi was on the sofa.

Me : Hey

I didn't wait for a reply. When I walked to my room I saw Kendall watching tv. I took out my work clothes and changed in the bathroom.Then I let my hair down. I put on my all black Adidas and looked at the clock. It read 9:45.

Me : Kendall if any of my shit come up missing Imma bust your ass .

Kendall : Look here I'm not scared of you and you're not going talk to me like I'm your dog you're the one that stupid enough to have a job.

Me : No I'm smart enough to know that my mom is not going to be here forever to support me.

I walked out of the room.

Mom : Day who that car for?

Me : My friend

Mom : Gurl-

Me : Mom I have to work

I walked out and headed to work.

Me : Good-morning

Everybody : Goodmorning

I clocked in.Then I pulled Brandon to the side.

Me : Excuse me but I don't think Dre is coming his daughter got shot yesterday

Brandon : Wow I'm sorry to hear that.

Later..

I called Dre to check on Destiny. He said she was getting better but she's not woke yet.

I went home and changed into some red skinny jeans, black and red Ymcmb shirt, black Nike socks, and my black chucks. I tied my red and black bandana around my hair.

"Bestfriend you stupid " I said slapping Trevon in the back of his head. We went to the park, movies, and we went to chill in the mall, and that was really it! We took a million pictures like all day so I could make a collage and put it on Instagram and Facebook.

We pulled up to my house.

Me : Bye Bestfriend!

Tre : Bye.

When I walked inside I saw stuff being thrown.

Me : What happened?

Kory : Candi and Kendall had a fight!

Me : Damn I missed it!

Kory : uh uhh, I recorded it, but now they still fussing.

Me : Well tell Candice I'm taking Riri with me.

I didn't want Riri here with this drama. I drove to the hospital. Even though I was here yesterday early this morning I still don't remember where she is exactly.

Me : Excuse me can you tell me which room Destiny Carter is in?

It took a while but she finally told me. When I made it to the room I saw Destiny's mom and Dre.

Riri : Detiny wake uwp!

Her mom started to cry.

Me : Riri .. Stop, I'm sorry about that.

Destiny moved and winched in pain.