Cabin in the Woods

Jacob's POV

I watched her fall down the incline. And now she was sitting in my living room. She was broken about her family being gone.

I hated that Rick had become a rogue werewolf, now I had to kill him come morning and find the bodies of her dad and brother and burn them as well.

My wolf growled, Let Rick die. He tried to harm our mate.

What?

She's ours.

I growled out loud, not realizing it and she flinched.

"Are you ok, sweetie?" I asked dropping to my knees in front of her, placing a protective hand on either side of her.

"I'm fine. And stop calling me sweetie, it's not my name."

"Then what is your name, sweetheart?" I asked trying to provoke her.

"Marie." She whispered.

"Jacob."

She blushed and looked away and I realized she felt the connection too.

Told you so. My wolf yelped triumphantly.

Oh shut up. I'm not telling her she's my mate til I know how she feels about this. So end of conversation.

She yawned then. I scooped her up in my arms and carried her to my bed ignoring her feeble protests and her hands pulling at mine to let her go.

I looked down at her squirming in my arms.

"Will you stop moving? You're tired and I don't want you passing out on my couch. That thing is beyond uncomfortable."

She stopped squirming and looked at me with her doe like eyes, "What do you want from me?"

I gaped. What? "What are you talking about Marie?"

"You've haunted my dreams and that monster shows up out of nowhere and you saved me. Explain that Jacob?"

That was me, Jacob. I wanted her to see you, so I snuck into her dreams.

Are you kidding?! She might hate us now because of you!

"I can't explain it because I don't know. If I did I would explain it too you."

She yawned again. "Go to sleep you're tired. I promise I'll be here when you wake up."

She nodded before slipping into sleep in my arms. I carried her to my room and laid her in my bed. I went into my bathroom and changed into my pajamas.

I walked back into my room to see she had curled into a ball. I saw her shoulders shaking. I crawled onto my bed and pulled her against me.

"Shush, baby. It's ok. I got you. I got you. I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

She whimpered in her sleep and turned onto her side to face me and curled into my chest clinging to me.