Shocker

Marie's POV

I went for a walk after my phone call. I was crying. How could Mike let his mom and dad force me to lie about Katy, Taylor, and Tyler. They were wonderful kids so far. I only told Jen that I had one kid, a boy.

Marie? What do we do? We have to protect all 5 of them.

I know that Kelly. This is crazy. Jen shouldn't have done this. She had more control over Jack then mom had over dad.

Marie, watch out! Kelly yelled at me.

Too late. Me and about 5 other girls were grabbed by the gate we all screamed. Mike had a hold of me. I tried to fight him.

I heard Jacob yell at him to let me go, but he just grinned and forcefully kiss me. I heard a low, threatening growl. Jack told the men to let me and the other girls go. We all bolted for our families.

Jack and Mike left with their pack. That's when I felt a pain in my stomach. "The kids!" I cried.

Callie ran for the pack house and what she relayed back had me upset. Jacob took off to find them. Callie wrapped her arms around me.

I sobbed. Kelly was pacing in my mind howling in agony. You never took a wolfs pups away from their mother. I felt their loss heavily.

Who took them Marie? Kelly howled at me.

I don't know. Mike had to be behind it. I replied back.

Jacob being gone hurt too. I wanted him back, so I could hang on to him and not loose him too. Callie sensed my agony. She looked at Tom.

"Marie, focus. Don't let the pain take control. Jacob will come back with the kids. I promise he'll come back with them. He won't walk out of the trees without them. He can feel your pain. Send him strength. Come on, Marie."

Someone picked me up and carried me inside. I hated this. I could barely block the pain of my missing kids. All five of them. I wanted to cry.

Lillian spoke to me, but I didn't hear her. I was thinking of Taylor, when I thought she was dead. Oh, god. Taylor, I'm so very sorry. I thought. Katy and Tyler had been healthy, so had Taylor except for that scare.

As far as I knew they would be amazing kids. I only had them for a day and someone had taken them.

Mike. He should die. We need to rip his head off for what he has done. Kelly snarled.

I knew she was ticked. Tyler, Katy, and Taylor. My three kids. Sam and Chelsea. My adopted kids. Were missing. I curled into a ball on the couch.

I ignored Kelly. I tuned everyone out. I was focusing on the kids. I could feel eyes on me. I could feel the alpha probing at my mind trying to get in and talk to me, but I had him blocked.

The pain lessened suddenly, like Jacob had the kids or was with them. I was happy, but my happiness died when I realized he was still gone.

"Jacob..." I breathed.

Everyone snapped their attention to me. The elders were here and I didn't know them.

"Marie?" Callie asked.

"I... I think Jacob is with the kids, Callie. The pain eased, like someone I trusted was with them or had them. What does it mean?"

Everyone gaped at me. Tom looked at me. "Jacob has them. They're on their way back now."

I heard someone say, "Strange no other soon-to-be Luna has ever been able to tell when children were in danger or when they're safe."

"What?" I asked looking for the source.

I found him. He looked ancient, like one of the elders. I could tell he wasn't.

"It's nothing, Lu- Marie." He said.

I was confused. I felt like he'd been about to call me Luna. I stared at him. He backed down. "Tell me the truth." I said.

I heard the authority, but was confused as to where it came from. I hid my confusion though.

"Jacob is/was the alpha, but when he lost his dad and brother, he stepped down to spend some time trying to find his mate. The elders gave him 2 years to find you. After the 2 years were up he had to pick his duties back up. Or when he found you. Of course we all thought you would know what you are. The elders told him he could keep the extra time to teach you about werewolfs and tell you what he is. What you are. James was the alpha. Sam is 3rd in line for the alpha position, but if you and Jacob have a child together. He'll be the next alpha after Jacob. We weren't suppose to tell you, but your wolf knows what you are and used that power to tell me to tell you the truth."

I gaped at him, when the door opened with a growl. "I told you no one was to tell her til she was ready." Jacob growled.

I heard the fury in his voice. I stood up. Everyone backed up out of the way. I saw the kids, but knew I had to take care of this first.

"No. Jacob. I asked him. I have a right to know the truth. I'm the only one capable of determining whether or not something is good for me to know. That's how my dad, brother, and me worked and I want to keep it that way. You're not about to chew them out for telling me something. I won't let another person try to control my life, Jacob."

I was mad when I realized what he had try to do. He glared at me. I knew then that we were having our first fight and everyone was a witness to it.

"Oh, yeah? Marie, I did it for your safety. You think you can handle my world? Go ahead and try! You are the Luna, but know this. Mike won't be the only to assault you. Here are the kids. I'm outta of here!" Jacob hissed.

He left the kids in the door, taking off into the woods. I growled, fury radiating through me. I walked over and soften when I saw the triplets pouting. I knelt down in front of them. They all reached for me. I sighed and picked Tyler up first.

I cuddled my son to me. He sighed happy. "Callie? Can you help me get them over to the couch, so can I hold all of them?"

"No problem, Marie."

Callie walked over and helped me maneuver the kids to the couch. I sat down. She sat down beside me and we sat the kids around us. The triplets were beside me. Katy snuggled into my left side and Taylor snuggled into my right. I sighed. Sam played with the toys in the corner of the room. Chelsea sat in Callie's lap.

"Callie, why did he keep it from me? I have a right to know. This affects my life and the kids."

"Jacob wanted to tell you himself. We weren't suppose to mention it around you at all."

"Well, then what's Tom's place in the pack? Ryan? Rachel?"

"Tom is the real Beta and I'm the Beta's mate. Ryan is the fourth in command because Rachel is the omega and always will be."

"Why will Rachel always be omega?"

"To train the Beta's. Or until she steps down."

"Oh."

"She's an amazing person. She helps everyone. And she's helping me deal with being the stand in Luna for now. Marie, I'm not excusing Jacob, but he did do this for your protection. He knew you'd be in danger from several female unmated she-wolfs. In my opinion he's handled everything wrong."

I sighed and hugged my children closer to me. Jacob could throw a tantrum all he wanted too. I had the kids to take care of. I held the triplets closer to me and drifted off to sleep with them surrounding me.