Blood Moon Pack

Jacob's POV

I got up the second Marie was asleep. I lined the room in silver and went looking for her dad and brother.

I grabbed the shotgun on my way out the door. I put silver lined bullets in the chamber and went hunting.

I found her brother a few feet up the trail. He sat up. I saw just a scratch on him not a bite mark. I knew he was clean without having to smell the air around him.

He jumped at the sound of my approach. He spun around, terrified.

"Bryan?" I asked, knowing it was him without having to ask.

"Who are you?"

"A friend. Your sister, Marie. Is at my cabin. I can help you get there."

I held out my hand to him and he took it cautiously. I yanked him to his feet and had him moving immediately. I wasn't gonna risk anything happening to him. I knew Marie would be happy to see her brother.

We got back to the cabin within five minutes. I pointed him to the bathroom and set the first aid kit beside him.

"Look, clean that cut and go back to the living room. I'm gonna go find your dad, if he is still there, ok?"

"Why are you helping us?"

"Because a little girl fell into my yard about an hour ago. Screaming about a monster and she looked like someone had try to attack her. I found out her brother and dad were still out there. So I told her I would help. Now I'm gonna go grab your dad."

I took off after laying a silver chain around the door. I ran down the path and found their campsite. I saw her dad and he wasn't moving. He had several claw marks on him and a huge bite on his forearm.

I knew he had to burn. I sighed and tied him up. I packed Marie's bag back up and grabbed her brother's bag. I sat their bags by the trail. Out of the way.

I piled everything up and put her dad in the middle of it. I pulled the matches out of my pocket.

"I didn't know you, but I will protect both of your children. I promise."

I said, before I lit the match and threw it on the pile. I made sure it was all burning then left. I grabbed both bags and headed back to the cabin.

I saw Rick on my way. I pumped the shotgun and fired it at him. He was already injured. He went down and I heard his heart stop. He was dead.

Alpha?

What?

Rick's done.

Good. Get home by sunset tomorrow.

I will but I'm bringing two people with me.

Who?

My mate. And her newly turned werewolf brother.

Alright. I'll let everyone know.

No! Not about my mate. Just say I'm bringing a newly turned werewolf and his sister. Don't say anything about her being my mate. She doesn't know.

Alright. I'll let you take care of it.

Thank you. I gotta go something's wrong.

What?

She's up. And I think her brother transformed.

Crap! Get in there and take care of it.

On it. I'll let you know tomorrow how she handled it.

Good. Now go.

I walked into the cabin to see Marie ready to run. I dropped their bags.