Frustration

Jacob's POV

I backed off and gave Marie the space she needed. I hated every minute I was away from her. Our bond was strong and the need to mark her was always there. She never said it but she blamed herself and pushed me away. I tried to talk to her, but she shut me out.

I came home late and was gone before she woke up in the mornings. I sensed her the minute she fell asleep and the second her eyes opened in the morning.

I hated being so far from her. Mind. Body. Soul. I had just found my mate and she was blocking me from her mind!

I was at my breaking point it'd been a couple of months. Marie was showing a lot more. And with the babies being wolfs they'd be here soon.

About 3 months and a week after Marie shut me out I felt her in my mind.

Jacob? I need you the pups are on their way and I'm scared. I'm sorry for what I did. I didn't mean to shut you out, I didn't want to. Kelly said it'd be for the best.

Marie, calm down. I'm on my way when did it start? I asked to keep her calm.

Yesterday. I think my water broke when I took a shower, but I couldn't tell. And today the pain in my stomach has been getting worse. She was freaked out. I could tell that much.

Ok, breathe baby. I'll be there in 5.

Ok. Ow! It hurts.

I laughed to myself. I grab Tom and his mate knowing sweet Callie would help Marie, and the pack doctor. We ran to my house. I heard Marie in the house muttering curse under her breath.

Sam ran outside to me, "Daddy! Mommy is hurting."

"How long has she been hurting, buddy?" I asked knowing he'd tell me the truth.

"A week." He replied.

I looked at everyone. I knew they were thinking the same thing why didn't she say anything Callie ran in ahead everyone. I followed to see Marie curled on the couch crying in pain.

"Marie why didn't you tell anyone?"

"I was scared. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to tell someone, but I wasn't sure. And I barely saw Jacob. Though that was my fault..... ow!" She started crying from the pain again.

Lillian ran over to her and yanked her shorts off after throwing a blanket over her waist. I growled at how close Tom had come to seeing my mate.

I walked over and squatted by her head. "Marie, baby? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm sorry." She started sobbing and I held her close.

"Marie, girl what were you thinkin'?! You've probably hurt these babies! Now you focus on Jacob and push when I tell ya, understand?"

"Yes."

I kept Marie calm and then Lillian told Marie to push the first time. She let out a pain filled cry and pushed. I heard the scream of a baby. I smiled, but Marie let out a whimper of pain before being told to push again.

Callie held her first baby. Then the second baby came. Her little cries for her mother were cute. Alpha Tom held her. The third baby didn't do anything. Marie was still in labor, but that baby didn't do anything.

Lillian looked worried. "Marie, I'm gonna use this thing that'll pull the baby out ok?"

Marie just nodded her head. She was crying. Lillian did whatever she was doing and pulled the baby out. It was silent.